northernriwx
    Newest Member
    northernriwx
Pattern beyond Jan 21st

Ginx snewx

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine that coming to pass; 3'+ snowpacks do not happen, here.

Did not eastern and southern new england have a few winters in the eighteenth centruy with two to four foot depths area wide??

If there was ever a pattern where that could happen in today's age this seems like it.

Seems to me like there is unbelievable agreement on a big storm along the eastern sea board. Whether it cuts inland or is more ots no one knows but this has been discussed for several days now. Even if we got several inches followed by a ton of sleet and some rain, there would not be any net loss to the snow pack and it would just reglacierize everything.

Did not eastern and southern new england have a few winters in the eighteenth centruy with two to four foot depths area wide??

If there was ever a pattern where that could happen in today's age this seems like it.

Seems to me like there is unbelievable agreement on a big storm along the eastern sea board. Whether it cuts inland or is more ots no one knows but this has been discussed for several days now. Even if we got several inches followed by a ton of sleet and some rain, there would not be any net loss to the snow pack and it would just reglacierize everything.

1717 I believe, we have numerous written accounts at the Native Museum I work at of depth on level of 4 feet in SECT now thats something!

next week's storm reminds me of march 93 in terms of model consensus telegraphing a huge bomb from 6-7 days out. I want to see a 100dm thickness delta and sub 960 pressures in this b*tch, a complete pole to equator phase, bring 20C dewpoints up into this beast unlike 1993

As long as the track is 150 miles east I concur

next week's storm reminds me of march 93 in terms of model consensus telegraphing a huge bomb from 6-7 days out. I want to see a 100dm thickness delta and sub 960 pressures in this b*tch, a complete pole to equator phase, bring 20C dewpoints up into this beast unlike 1993

Just wanted to say I love your screen name haha. Excellent song, excellent movie

HPC maps have a track similar to the 12z Euro. Day 5 SLP(996) down in the Chesapeake Bay area, Day 6 SLP(988) out in the Gulf of ME.

I was hoping this thing would do the ol stall. We need a dec 92 redux. I wanna run the gamut of hall of fame damaging storms this winter. Hoping for the blizz of 78 in a month and march '60 the next, and then apr 97 the next, and then may '77 the next.

I was hoping this thing would do the ol stall. We need a dec 92 redux. I wanna run the gamut of hall of fame damaging storms this winter. Hoping for the blizz of 78 in a month and march '60 the next, and then apr 97 the next, and then may '77 the next.

Uh it's Jan, how bout Jan 05 or Jan 96 , It could happen tomorrow, you have time travel ability, make it so.

nice pic!

i hope people post more pics from in and around boston, i'd like to see how the city is coping with the snow

Inside the city it isnt very impressive at all to be honest i expected better when i came home from school today. Wilmington/woburn/winchester/arlington/medford are absolutely buried though when i drove through there today

We haven't had a classic long duration snow storm for a while now. We need a good one with steady moderate to heavy snow for 24 hours straight

Inside the city it isnt very impressive at all to be honest i expected better when i came home from school today. Wilmington/woburn/winchester/arlington/medford are absolutely buried though when i drove through there today

Tell you what...walking home from JP to my house in Brookline I was taken aback by how much freaking snow is on the ground. I haven't seen it this deep since 2005.

Archived