e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Pattern beyond Jan 21st

Ginx snewx

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The GFS is simply faster with the evolution of the storm and as a result the high is still there....I posted in the NYC thread I think the verdict on this storm commences within the next 2 runs of the GFS (00 or 12 runs, 06 excluded) since the GFS generally becomes way more believable inside 96 hours...if the other models are correct to an extent on the slower evolution we will likely see the GFS lose the storm on the 00 run tonight or 12 tomorrow AM since it would jump into the 120+ period...remember the GFS is quite weak in that range and in recent years when the GFS has had a timing adjustment to a system it often loses it for a run or two as opposed to just pushing it later....so my feeling is as you watch the GFS roll in tonight hold you breath as it reaches taus 72-84 and hope you start seeing something developing in the Gulf...if you start seeing a major change thats bad news for the coastal Plain people.

seems the speed on the GFS is directly tied to not digging the energy nearly as far south and/or west. all the other globals head for the GOM or thereabouts (the 12z ec runs for the heart of texas before rounding east)...the GFS essentially runs through the mid-mississippi river valley and then through the OV to the MA. result is a much quicker evolution.

i'm not sure i want to see the GFS showing anything in the GOM. LOL. i want MA cyclogenesis. :lol:

My bar for up here is when a storm is likely to be 12+...that is worth pissing people off and losing money. If it is a 10 incher I find it fun to come home to and oddly I don't miss it so much. Missing a 12+ is deep emotional pain that I dont' wish to subject myself to. My partner's birthday is late Feb. He wanted to go to New Orleans or Miami, but spring break meant hotels were full and airfares expensive, so he switched to Vermont! Phew....

Good that you are set thru 3/4...lots gonna happen between now and then.

Beautiful walk in the thick veil this morning from Coolidge down to Manchester Rd. 2 inch an hour for a bit and I was out in it. Great fun up here in the countryside but something special about heavy snow in an urban area. When are you buying your far interior or north country camp?

We know. We know.lol

I'm having a hard time buying into the inside runner and warm solution for a lot of us. It is going to be below zero the days leading up to the event. The models have the storm occludes to our south. And another thing that i really like is that the NAO will be trending towards positive after tanking into the negative. Which should lead towards a more eastern solution and colder solution. But what we do have to worry about are a lot of dry slot issues. So here's to the storm not closing off far to the south and doing so further north. I have a 22" snowpack here and I don't know where another couple of feet would go but I would love to see it.

seems the speed on the GFS is directly tied to not digging the energy nearly as far south and/or west. all the other globals head for the GOM or thereabouts (the 12z ec runs for the heart of texas before rounding east)...the GFS essentially runs through the mid-mississippi river valley and then through the OV to the MA. result is a much quicker evolution.

i'm not sure i want to see the GFS showing anything in the GOM. LOL. i want MA cyclogenesis. :lol:

the further south/deeper it digs , will allow im estimating for higher heights to be pumped up along the east coast via warm air advection out of the gulf, and as a result, a greater chance to cut inland or bring ptype concerns.

however, at this time i think the newer trend of a rebuilding, stronger neg NAO would allow this storm to be predomaintely frozen in new england even if the storm digs more now.

I'm having a hard time buying into the inside runner and warm solution for a lot of us. It is going to be below zero the days leading up to the event. The models have the storm occludes to our south. And another thing that i really like is that the NAO will be trending towards positive after tanking into the negative. Which should lead towards a more eastern solution and colder solution. But what we do have to worry about are a lot of dry slot issues. So here's to the storm not closing off far to the south and doing so further north. I have a 22" snowpack here and I don't know where another couple of feet would go but I would love to see it.

I thought it was going negative as the storm hits.

the problem would not be the antecedent cold....the problem would be the position of the high sliding off the coast. That is what caused the problems earlier this week despite fantastic antecedent cold.

I was kinda of surprised when I saw so many putting stock into the warm solution, Even the TWC was talking about it. I am just not sold on that yet, bring on the snow!

Y'all can thank me for the plethora of snow; I pulled out of SNE on 1/10. FTL.

I had to deal with 60F and blinding sun today in El Paso. I guess it's nice to shed the long-johns.

LARS!! Great to hear from you!!! Stay out of town until May 15th!!lol ps. A friend of mine took a 19lb Salmon at Laurel Lake last weekend.

Go. Beautiful even if there isn't snow but I promise you there will be. Need help?

Well I can't pay you but I can think of something for you to do. I'm a tremendously important person and I usually travel with an entourage.

One of my colleagues got to do 2 days of work on the North Slope last winter! wind chill was -65. I'm excited about seeing Alaska in the winter.

Well I can't pay you but I can think of something for you to do. I'm a tremendously important person and I usually travel with an entourage.

One of my colleagues got to do 2 days of work on the North Slope last winter! wind chill was -65. I'm excited about seeing Alaska in the winter.

Oh, damn, I'm busy that day. I've traveled around a bit and Alaska is the most impressive place I've ever been. What do they need interior decorators on the North slope for?

Oh, damn, I'm busy that day. I've traveled around a bit and Alaska is the most impressive place I've ever been. What do they need interior decorators on the North slope for?

Don't be afraid...that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger....

Lol trust me I'd never be hired to decorate anything.

My role would be to make those big burly men work together in harmony. I should bring Kevin!

Archived