• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Pattern beyond Jan 21st

Ginx snewx

Snowbanks are 8' high here now with 35-45" OTG. Fortunately, we can just keep pushing it into the woods.

That was hilarious the other day when you posted an in-truck pic and snowman21 remarked about how the roads were so unkempt and that would not be tolerated where he is. :lol: Does he live in some sort of gated community with a dome over it? This is how roads other than interstates look in New England in January.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

Absolutely, Pete....bring on the next one....I'll get a ladder. lol

The saving grace is that underneath the top 7", it's concrete, so I'm able to get a footing at the apex of the bankings.

Back to the topic at hand. I think this next storm could really come together to be a memorable one. Quite a few key ingredients seem to be present. It'll be fun to watch the models over the next few days. When it's not snowing it's stone cracking cold. I think I'll be in the -20's Sunday night.

Back to the topic at hand. I think this next storm could really come together to be a memorable one. Quite a few key ingredients seem to be present. It'll be fun to watch the models over the next few days. When it's not snowing it's stone cracking cold. I think I'll be in the -20's Sunday night.

Whoops! I thought this was the banter thread. My bad ... apologies to admins, mods and black ops Bob.

My mind is wide-open regarding next week. I could see p-type becoming a serious issue for some, maybe even myself. On the other hand, I can see Ray bringing out the trampoline so that he can take snow depth measurements.

This next event reminds me of the Boxing day event.....I remember that the EURO tried to dig to too far to the south in this range (a bias of the model), only to revert back to more of a Miller B.

I think the GFS is closer to reality than the EURO......I doubt it digs as much as the 12z EURO displayed.

Now, it does have room to cut because there is no NAO this go around, but I don't think it's going to bomb as far south as the EURO would lead us to believe.

That was hilarious the other day when you posted an in-truck pic and snowman21 remarked about how the roads were so unkempt and that would not be tolerated where he is. :lol: Does he live in some sort of gated community with a dome over it? This is how roads other than interstates look in New England in January.

He seems like a nice guy. I think he is from NYC. Did you see that youtube clip earlier this Winter that showed NYC sanitation destroying an SUV? The crews around here are Pros they do a great job. The towns here have hundreds of miles of roads through rough, undeveloped terrain. They keep all but the seasonal roads open regardless. We have an old WWII era bulldozer that's equipped with a V blade on the front and a wing blade on either side. They don't use it very often but I saw them working on it today on the way home. They must be following the model trends as well.

This next event reminds me of the Boxer day event.....I remember that the EURO tried to dig to too far to the south in this range (a bias of the model), only to revert back to more of a Miller B.

I think the GFS is closer to reality than the EURO......I doubt it digs as much as the 12z EURO displayed.

Now, it does have room to cut because there is no NAO this go around, but I don't think it's going to bomb as far south as the EURO would lead us to believe.

Trending negative as we approach go time no? Not positive.

He seems like a nice guy. I think he is from NYC. Did you see that youtube clip earlier this Winter that showed NYC sanitation destroying an SUV? The crews around here are Pros they do a great job. The towns here have hundreds of miles of roads through rough, undeveloped terrain. They keep all but the seasonal roads open regardless. We have an old WWII era bulldozer that's equipped with a V blade on the front and a wing blade on either side. They don't use it very often but I saw them working on it today on the way home. They must be following the model trends as well.

I love when the town breaks out the old Caterpillar with the blade under the cab road grader from 1950 , then you know it's a big winter

Trending negative as we approach go time no? Not positive.

Yea, but trending + is better for KU events because the block in already established.....better antcedent condtions.

Trending negative is better for major QPF events in general, but not I 95 snow.

The 18z DGEX looks like something out of last season. :lol:

Yea, but trending + is better for KU events because the block in already established.....better antcedent condtions.

Trending negative is better for major QPF events in general, but not I 95 snow.

The 18z DGEX looks like something out of last season. :lol:

Who cares about that?

The High that was over the ocean @ 90 hours or the one over Maine?

The one over Maine. The concern seemed to be the high moved east too quick and allowed the storm to go futher inland.

We'll see what the Euro says. It seems things eventually align in out favor this year so I feel good we'll get something decent out of this.

Archived