• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Pattern beyond Jan 21st

Ginx snewx

It usually does but this year it had been generally progressive and I think the -NAO had some factor to that combined with the La Nina...the last event though for the first time all year when we had a +NAO the GEM showed its bias and it may showing it again...its been correct before with these, most notably the 2/25 storm last year when it showed a 970mb low over Rhode Island at Day 9.

UGH UGH UGH, nightmares abound

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this year theyve been all east usually, or else i would have noticed.

i was surprised to see it so far inland

track off the coast south of new england and towards nova scotia, ho hum just another day

lock it up

you need to check the minor league hockey thread...got a video for you.

Off t the Whale game but looking forward to the 0z models...this should def. be big for anyone who can stay all snow.

It usually does but this year it had been generally progressive and I think the -NAO had some factor to that combined with the La Nina...the last event though for the first time all year when we had a +NAO the GEM showed its bias and it may showing it again...its been correct before with these, most notably the 2/25 storm last year when it showed a 970mb low over Rhode Island at Day 9.

Got it thanks.

I'm going to try to post all models in one post each run for the next several days so we have a record. Will probably wait until mid afternoon and mid morning for each run so we have them all, JMA included.

The Euro actually looks better than I thought, good job Scooter. Also nice ageo feed from a building ridge in the GL, silly talking about it now but hey why not. Again though holy winds inflow from a volatile Gulf Stream due to antecedant cold.

the euro looks absoultely fantastic for you guys, for this range

correcting for seasonal trend, its nudged a SE a bit and its a NYC-BOS blizzard

the nao is rebuilding and its getting successively stronger on most model runs since yesterday, this is a definite trend i have noted, but because its not overly strong, its perfect....no excessive height amplification on the east coast bingo bango blizzard

the right turn is the hint that the storm track has not changed at all!

it snows where it wants to snow

the euro looks absoultely fantastic for you guys, for this range

correcting for seasonal trend, its nudged a SE a bit and its a NYC-BOS blizzard

the nao is rebuilding and its getting successively stronger on most model runs since yesterday, this is a definite trend i have noted, but because its not overly strong, its perfect....no excessive height amplification on the east coast bingo bango blizzard

the right turn is the hint that the storm track has not changed at all!

it snows where it wants to snow

Good point! :lmao:

It has occurred to me that this is a 2000-01 winter suppressed 30 miles SE. That's why the Boston area is cashing in so much better and why SE MA while above normal is struggling more. Just a thought....

I was thinking the same thing yesterday, but more like 50 miles se, or 2004-05 amplified by 50 miles.

It's an outlier, but not a bad thing to see as we get closer to the event. It did seem like things were a little more suppressed to our north on the 12z euro, as compared to 00z..perhaps why it didn't cut into sne.

I wonder if that trailing s/w is helping to push our storm out to sea...

Archived