EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Pattern beyond Jan 21st

Ginx snewx

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well face value on the euro, the arctic high moves due east away from new england. i'm sure there'd be some ridging trying to nose west but that's not a good way to hold in cold.

Yeah I saw that, hints even on the others. We can't get a snowstorm with a little storm passing ACK with almost no wind. We're doomed on a biggie with a high in that position.

Still plenty of time but hard to go against an odds on favorite near ACK/Canal and with a storm this big as you said, and a high in that position. :raining:

RE comments on 2m, got it, thanks Phil.

Euro ensembles have been colder than the op..so hopefully that is still true today

it's going to be tough with the ens. i think because this thing is so ramped up on a lot of guidance. they are more than likely going to be weaker/colder/further east.

the "hope" i guess is that it doesn't go to town so far west. it's still 5 days out (euro now has this as a wed storm) so it's bound to shift around.

and of course it's a monster storm at day 5/6...the way to lean there is down/less extreme. but who knows.

it's going to be tough with the ens. i think because this thing is so ramped up on a lot of guidance. they are more than likely going to be weaker/colder/further east.

the "hope" i guess is that it doesn't go to town so far west. it's still 5 days out (euro now has this as a wed storm) so it's bound to shift around.

and of course it's a monster storm at day 5/6...the way to lean there is down/less extreme. but who knows.

My gut tells me like we discoed yest..is that this gives all of SNE some ptype issues. Hope I'm wrong

The euro isn't that bad for a good chunk of the area nw of I-95.

yeah there are certainly some interior areas that would be OK...especially because it takes that right hand turn and kind of runs from the MA to ACK - that would save the interior crew from a GGEM like fiasco.

it does have a crap load of precip.

i just hate seeing HP moving due east away from the area. even if it's arctic HP. just looks warm to me SE of ORH/HFD etc.

I can only imagine the vitriol from our poor friend in N. ME if that verifies.

HP hanging tough and confluence to our N suggests something like it might.

No vitriol. Venom. Cataracts of venom.

Now that I am down in NYC for my two weeks of work it's snowing just fine back home in PQI/CAR.

I'm snakebit this winter.

Vim Toot!

yeah there are certainly some interior areas that would be OK...especially because it takes that right hand turn and kind of runs from the MA to ACK - that would save the interior crew from a GGEM like fiasco.

it does have a crap load of precip.

i just hate seeing HP moving due east away from the area. even if it's arctic HP. just looks warm to me SE of ORH/HFD etc.

Yeah agree. That's what sux about not having blocking.

Verbatim the euro would be a foot of snow to oodles of sleet to dryslot then back to snow nw of 95..very similiar to march 93..but still plenty of time

I don't see much sleet with the euro. Uper levels look cool enough. It's pretty much snow for you and Will...over to Ray, per critical thicknesses. Even BOS may only briefly flip to rain, or have a mix for a while.

Archived