• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pattern beyond Jan 21st

Ginx snewx

Interesting D6-7 storm on the Euro...looks like a lot of snow with some taint mixed in at the height. Quite a convoluted setup though so I'd be surprised not to see large shifts...also given the time frame we should expect that anyway.

Will, theyre using PD2 as an analog for the kind of event we might have.... your thoughts? Some of our local mets are throwing out the B word already, which is obviously overdone, but a nice long overrunning snow would be a wonderful change of pace. :arrowhead:

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will, theyre using PD2 as an analog for the kind of event we might have.... your thoughts? Some of our local mets are throwing out the B word already, which is obviously overdone, but a nice long overrunning snow would be a wonderful change of pace. :arrowhead:

Your response was to his post last night, today's shows the b word

Your response was to his post last night, today's shows the b word

Yea, I saw that last night's euro was talking about flooding rains (not in line with its ensembles), but this one probably shows the perfect scenario with the kind of pattern we're in. I just wish we could lock it in right now.

No way....just due to shear probability and constraints of climo I would bet against this being of that caliber.

Wow 0 Z GFS crushes us next week with 2+ inches liquid RI points north and east, looks like its timing is slower than the 12 Z euro. Edit, looks too warm verbatum but its the trend of the GFS coming around to what the Euro has been seeing for now.

0z GGEM also has it.

Ready Mr. Siccors.

This winter would start rivaling '92-'93 if that verified. We'd still have to finish up decently and not wimper to the finish, but we'd be more than on pace.

But I don't want to get too optimistic yet...we should all be very well aware this could end up being a 2nd half of Jan '96 snow pack depleter too. It could end up being too far W.

This winter would start rivaling '92-'93 if that verified. We'd still have to finish up decently and not wimper to the finish, but we'd be more than on pace.

But I don't want to get too optimistic yet...we should all be very well aware this could end up being a 2nd half of Jan '96 snow pack depleter too. It could end up being too far W.

***K that......lock this epic bit** up.

From Willis's younger brother (or Roseanne's ex-husband) in Gray, ME

.LONG TERM /SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY/...A DRY BUT VERY COLD PERIOD IS UPCOMING FOR THE REGION SATURDAYTHROUGH EARLY NEXT WEEK AS THE POLAR VORTEX DIPS ACROSS NORTHERNNEW ENGLAND. THE COLDEST DAYS WILL BE SUNDAY AND MONDAY WHERE THEHIGHEST TEMPERATURE IN THE CWA MAY ONLY BE BETWEEN 10 AND 13DEGREES. OVERNIGHT LOWS WILL BE BELOW ZERO ACROSS MUCH OF THISAREA DURING THAT TIME. LOWS BELOW 20 BELOW ZERO WILL BE LIKELY INSPOTS IN THE FAR INTERIOR. MONDAY NIGHT MAY BE THE COLDEST NIGHTWITH SFC HIGH PRESSURE CRESTING OVERHEAD. IF CLOUDS DO NOTTHICKEN MONDAY NIGHT...A FEW LOWS MAY TOUCH 30 BELOW IN NRN NH ANDWRN ME.THE 00Z GLOBAL MODELS AND ENSEMBLES ARE INDICATING THE POTENTIALFOR A STRONG EAST COAST STORM LATER WED AND THURS. WE WILLCONTINUE TO KEEP AN EYE ON THIS AS THE POTENTIAL FOR COPIOUSAMOUNTS OF WINTRY PRECIPITATION AND STRONG WINDS WILL BE POSSIBLEDURING THIS TIME. FOR NOW HAVE GONE WITH CHANCE POPS FORSNOW...MAINLY WED NIGHT AND THURS. HOWEVER...LOTS TO BE IRONED OUTOVER THE NEXT SEVERAL DAYS.

Archived