Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Pattern beyond Jan 21st

Ginx snewx

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok cool. Ryan said mixing issues..and Phil said 850 were >0c up to GC

Well a sneaky warmer layer gets into se mass briefly. It may get marginal for a time, but given climo for a track like that...it would be a colder solution for the interior anyways.

There is plenty of time for this to go west..lol, so don't even get wrapped up in it.

I don't see much sleet with the euro. Uper levels look cool enough. It's pretty much snow for you and Will...over to Ray, per critical thicknesses. Even BOS may only briefly flip to rain, or have a mix for a while.

really?? i wish i had those weenie maps that you have.

the soundings for BOS and KTAN that i have look really mild up to like 900 mb.

Well a sneaky warmer layer gets into se mass briefly. It may get marginal for a time, but given climo for a track like that...it would be a colder solution for the interior anyways.

There is plenty of time for this to go west..lol, so don't even get wrapped up in it.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't go more west TBH. I'd like it to be weaker so it would be colder and east

really?? i wish i had those weenie maps that you have.

the soundings for BOS and KTAN that i have look really mild up to like 900 mb.

Yeah, but it looks pretty cold (well relatively) beyond 128. I agree that BOS would flip to rain for a time. It gets close to tipping near the Rev too, but that is due to a layer near 900mb I think.

I'm sure this will change a few times..we are still way out.

Yeah, but it looks pretty cold (well relatively) beyond 128. I agree that BOS would flip to rain for a time. It gets close to tipping near the Rev too, but that is due to a layer near 900mb I think.

I'm sure this will change a few times..we are still way out.

true story there.

i will not be overly invested until early next week one way or the other. too much other stuff to do/going on.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't go more west TBH. I'd like it to be weaker so it would be colder and east

I agree, I honestly think we could see this thing track over RI.

This thing is probably going to have one hell of a negative tilt and it looks like it the trough starts to become negatively tilted west of GA...from what I was told way back at LSC by someone you don't really want to see that happen until it's just east of GA.

The trough axis also looks a bit further west than past events.

I think what happens with that high pressure will have major implications...if it's eastward movement can halt that may help us out a bit.

Ya know what Ideleted that part of my response to you, cuz no stall but yea I see it. Here is a weenie obs for ya, Polar Vortex , yes A deep PV , looks to drop into the Eastern trough, at 240+ wow, and hey what ends up, hmm Neg AO Neg NAO post day ten, go figure

i would like to get that back.

the huge +PNA is great for dumping big cold but the transient nature of it is no good for me. further west it's fine because even on the hugger or inland runner deal there's so much front end cold that areas can still make out nicely despite any mixing issues etc. SE flow is the kiss of death down this way.

i would like to get that back.

the huge +PNA is great for dumping big cold but the transient nature of it is no good for me. further west it's fine because even on the hugger or inland runner deal there's so much front end cold that areas can still make out nicely despite any mixing issues etc. SE flow is the kiss of death down this way.

Have you read my posts in this thread, I concur a million percent, some folks who do not think so might want it back Wed

Everybody please go look at the band that is rotating and murdering houlton, ME right now!!!!

To response below:

Would you rather me waste it on something stupid? And I'm Not gonna be posting tonight or tomorrow rather.. time to wait out a couple days until the next storm arrives

FWIW, Kev and I worked out our differences in PM. We're not bad people, just intense, passionate, overtired, and sometimes cantankerous.

I'll say it again, if we've all got problems with one another, posting styles, comments made, whatever....just fire away and PM and get it all cleared up. Nobody here is an unreasonable person and we can always work things out.

With that said I'm going to buy some new unbrellas so I can enjoy the rest of these winter storms.....

FWIW, Kev and I worked out our differences in PM. We're not bad people, just intense, passionate, overtired, and sometimes cantankerous.

I'll say it again, if we've all got problems with one another, posting styles, comments made, whatever....just fire away and PM and get it all cleared up. Nobody here is an unreasonable person and we can always work things out.

With that said I'm going to buy some new unbrellas so I can enjoy the rest of these winter storms.....

:drunk:

I for one do enjoy some of the back and forth stuff...I've realized it's all good and fun. Maybe some of it isn't the right thing to do during the active times but I can say there is never a dull moment around here. I like to bust his chops too once in a while as he does mine...especially in the summer.

That great thing about our subforum is we all know how to have fun and we have some very intelligent people when it comes to met. I just think sometimes when things are on the active side there is a just a bit too much ball busting or fooling around.

perhaps it's his decision wether it's a "waste" or not. kinda cheap shot .....since you know he won't waste another with a reply.

that's a 40 DBZ band from hell that is dumping what....4/hr .....so someone in maine see's ....kev's lollies.

Others throw cheap shots out all the time with him, but I get your point. It may very well have been important for him...he probably has a family member or friend that lives there...:guitar:

Archived