• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Midweek Storm DISCO part II

DomNH

Definitely - you guys enjoy it! I wish we'd get on it too, but... well, can't complain this year, with the current snowpack. I'm just hoping the damage won't be too bad for us; hard to believe there will be rain, when it's 6pm and down to 12F here!

Things are trending in our favor. Read Tips comment above. Jan '06 or Dec '07 anyone?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hinted at this before and the EURO really illustrates my point; I'm not sure that snowfall amounts won't bust high in the western portion of SNE.....GC maybe immune to low level contamination, but the mid levels are impartial to elevation and distance from the ocean.

It's always possible that mid-levels could warm more quickly than current thinking but my money is on this season's propensity for overperformance. It also bodes well when you eastern guys try to inject doubt on our ability to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.lol

It doesn't look like sfc winds or the winds aloft with this are going to be too impressive...it's not like were dealing with 50-60+ knots of SCREAMING S/SE/E winds which would definitely help with stronger WAA...winds aloft generally seem to be like 25-35 knots and sfc winds aren't very strong either...this could mean it's a bit more difficult to get stronger WAA to kick in and could take a bit longer for it to happen.

It's always possible that mid-levels could warm more quickly than current thinking but my money is on this season's propensity for overperformance. It also bodes well when you eastern guys try to inject doubt on our ability to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.lol

In the very next post I asserted in no uncertain terms that I will warm above freezing....it's not a hockey game....it's meteorology lol.

You are a far better winter spot than I am...hands down, but you should be concerned about the mid levels in this event.

I don't think western New England will be the jackpot this time. Heavy heavy mid level warming will make it a sleet fest for many. Still significant snow totals of course. But I think the jackpot (10"-12") will be around western Hillsborough Co

I think you can take that quote out of your sig now.

I don't think western New England will be the jackpot this time. Heavy heavy mid level warming will make it a sleet fest for many. Still significant snow totals of course. But I think the jackpot (10"-12") will be around western Hillsborough Co

I agree with you......jackpot relative to sne in n ORH co or maybe even nw Essex co.

what happened in that event? IMO, the high looks to be in a more favorable position in that event.

20+" from ORH county into southern NH in 6 hrs. 3-5" per hour rates. Heaviest snow by far that I've ever experienced. This while iirc Ed Caroll from WBZ was predicting 4.-7".

Nice thought... however I agree that the high was in a better position for that event. Big question for tomorrow is how long can the mid levels stay < 0.

what happened in that event? IMO, the high looks to be in a more favorable position in that event.

Ayer, MA piced up like 21" of snow in 3 hrs.....n ORH co had over to Dracut, MA had 2'....I had 16" in one of the most ferocious several hrs that I have witnessed to this day.

The forecast was for 1-3, followed by rain...well, as a junior in HS at Wilmington High, I was sitting in English class staring out the window and across the football field in awe, when it dawned on me that something had gone GREATLY awry.

DISCO of the assigned reading was no match for the fact that I could not see across the football field and the entire building became increasingly concerned over what was taking place outside, but the never pulled the trigger on an early dismissal...BIG mistake.

We came outside and it quickly became apparent that the town had been essentially paralyzed; the parking lot was a complete disaster as everyone scrambled to unearth the vehicles......I ended up getting a couple kids to help me out in exchange for a ride.....one slide into a snowbank and a couple of stops later, the most insane "1-3" event" was in the books.

Ayer, MA piced up like 21" of snow in 3 hrs.....n ORH co had over to Dracut, MA had 2'....I had 16" in one of the most ferocious several hrs that I have witnessed to this day.

The forecast was for 1-3, followed by rain...well, as a junior in HS at Wilmington High, I was sitting in English class staring out the window and across the football field in awe, when it dawned on me that something had gone GREATLY awry.

DISCO of the assigned reading was no match for the fact that I could not see across the football field and the entire building became increasingly concerned over what was taking place outside, but the never pulled the trigger on an early dismissal...BIG mistake.

We came outside and it quickly became apparent that the town had been essentially paralyzed; the parking lot was a complete disaster as everyone scrambled to unearth the vehicles......I ended up getting a couple kids to help me out in exchange for a ride.....one slide into a snowbank and a couple of stops later, the most insane "1-3" event" was in the books.

http://www.erh.noaa.gov/box/radar_cases.htm

One of the most remarkable events that I have ever witnessed.

We hadn't a flake on the ground leading into that, so safe to say that a repeat of that would be paralyzing considering that snowbanks have already claimed a good portion of the of the infrastructure.

:wacko:

I accept.

Archived