Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Midweek Storm DISCO part II

DomNH

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Final call IMBY: 4-8'' with some sleet and ice on top, possibly ending with a bit of rain.

No reason for me to change a thing: 2-5" followed by some brief sleet, then R-.

I could envision higher totals, but I wouldn't go any higher unless it still warranted tmw.

Your call for yby looks great.

No reason for me to change a thing: 2-5" followed by some brief sleet, then R-.

I could envision higher totals, but I wouldn't go any higher unless it still warranted tmw.

Your call for yby looks great.

I was pretty meh on this last night after the GFS, but everything looks good today. Was a bit shocked to see the watch/warning for 5-10'' when I finally checked today.

SOP for sw flow events.

Ripping a page out of the '07-'08 playbook.

I'd like to see this hold off until late on Tuesday beccause I'm working tmw.

Same, but as the Rev always says, these things come in sooner rather than later it seems.

Yeah---I'm bummed I'll be msising the Friday event. instead, I'll have to try bulldozing over whatever the plow banks up along the drive when I get in Friday night. Can't expect the oldies (in-laws) to break out the snowblower.

The limb you went out on about the Friday storm is about to break.

You didn't taint me but you mighta tainted Brian!!!

You're tainted...just not by > 0.25". ;) I'm a hair outside of his contour.

I don't think anything close to that amount of icing makes it up here. If it does I think it nabs SW NH too. I like a 6-10" type deal with maybe some rinky dink snow grains or FZDZ once drier air moves in aloft and nucleation becomes lousy. Then the column cools a little more on Wednesday and we get some inverted troughiness hanging back as a s/w and associated vortmax approach from the west. Maybe we can squeak out another 1" or so out of the latter scraps.

Sam, great map, except that I would extend the s periphery of that 6-12" zone into NW Essex co a bit.

Thanks Ray. I did debate over that for a while actually. I agree there's a good possibility of 6"+ extending a little further SE with good dynamic cooling as the low approaches.

You're tainted...just not by > 0.25". ;) I'm a hair outside of his contour.

I don't think anything close to that amount of icing makes it up here. If it does I think it nabs SW NH too. I like a 6-10" type deal with maybe some rinky dink snow grains or FZDZ once drier air moves in aloft and nucleation becomes lousy. Then the column cools a little more on Wednesday and we get some inverted troughiness hanging back as a s/w and associated vortmax approach from the west. Maybe we can squeak out another 1" or so out of the latter scraps.

This does not have the feel of an ice storm up here for sure. troughiness just keeping it clean for Friday. Was just telling Eric in the other thread, that Friday kinda snuck up on me. Is it a ne deal or is it ma as well?

Archived