• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Midweek Storm DISCO part II

DomNH

Hyperlinking does suck when reviewing past events. Bob does it all the time, you end up looking at current maps when reviewing past events, wish people would not do it.

Deal with it! I can't be bothered with saving and uploading images all the time while at work.

8F/4F

Way below my forecasted low 13F now.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should get smoked, dudes inland do not discount the uber hyper NAM, man the SStream is juiced. nam doubters paid last storm, WAA bomb,

I'm not discounting it at all. There's a ton of water waiting to be dumped and it looks like it's heading due north through Chesapeake Bay. Front edge of radar return is at about Asbury Park (cue The Boss).

9.1/-4

bdr at 23/1

great to see the ne drain commence.

19/2 here

precip racing and expanding up the coast now, looks fantastic.

I just noticed the wind shift here in Westchester too...HPN went from SE to E, that's definitely a good sign as we'd warm up much more quickly on SE winds than due E winds.

Radar also looks juiced...snow already being reported by someone outside Baltimore with the temp around 26F there.

23.4/12 here, plenty of room to wetbulb.

bdr at 23/1

great to see the ne drain commence.

19/2 here

precip racing and expanding up the coast now, looks fantastic.

radar has the look that says at 6 am tommorrow morn.........heavy precip will be from W. LI up to hartford....over to EEN and westward....with a round 1 qpf dump with moderate echos from ORH up to Fit....and light toward the coast. i wonder if e. areas will have to wait for afternoon for qpf dumpage with ccb.

i hope i can get in on a couple hours of moderate snow prior to 15z ....

I'm not discounting it at all. There's a ton of water waiting to be dumped and it looks like it's heading due north through Chesapeake Bay. Front edge of radar return is at about Asbury Park (cue The Boss).

9.1/-4

This according to surface obs is the edge , motion is NNE somebody is going to see 16 to 18 in CNE42d4d0aa-e966-a29c.jpg

Actually, the current HPC is the top image, which if you look at the 1997 surface chart on the eve of the 23 - left - they are nearly in identical position...

Not a perfect analog, but some similarities there...

Yes, they are similar at the cusp...I was more remarking on the Dec. 1997 high moving further northeast into Canada as opposed to east out into the Atlantic Ocean tomorrow for this event.

You guys are wimps. Make them wait until they announce it in the morning like the good old days!

I agree. This was premature :arrowhead:

But in wtby all the non-main streets are so bad with snowback there is barely enough room for a car and a school bus simultaneously...

I have a feeling Wednesday will be getting the axe (or a delay) and possibly even Friday here....with MLK day today thats practically the whole week off...

They will pay for it later :whistle:

Lol, my son's district was the first in Mass to cancel (tied with North Middlesex, same superintendant)

BOX AFD was full of happy

Quabbin and North Middlesex have the same superintendent? That's weird, aren't they separate regional school districts?

I agree. This was premature :arrowhead:

But in wtby all the non-main streets are so bad with snowback there is barely enough room for a car and a school bus simultaneously...

I have a feeling Wednesday will be getting the axe (or a delay) and possibly even Friday here....with MLK day today thats practically the whole week off...

They will pay for it later :whistle:

Probably will be getting days off in June for excessive heat. Or heavy rainfall, in some town's cases. :guitar:

I just noticed the wind shift here in Westchester too...HPN went from SE to E, that's definitely a good sign as we'd warm up much more quickly on SE winds than due E winds.

Radar also looks juiced...snow already being reported by someone outside Baltimore with the temp around 26F there.

23.4/12 here, plenty of room to wetbulb.

There is a huge Ageo NE fetch somebody is gonna get smoked up here

42d4d0aa-eab4-da4f.jpg

Quabbin and North Middlesex have the same superintendent? That's weird, aren't they separate regional school districts?

Yeah... we are weird up here. Not sure how it all works, but diff districts, 1 super.

My son will have to go to my inlaws unless Gardner or Leominster cancel...we get 3 districts to watch at my house :arrowhead:

There is a huge Ageo NE fetch somebody is gonna get smoked up here

Steve,

What do you think our situation is going to be like over the next day or 2? I do like the fact that they are putting less emphasis on the rain aspect part of the forecast as they were doing earlier in the day. Looks like you and me will be right on the line. A more s/eastern shift would be nice.

Hyperlinking does suck when reviewing past events. Bob does it all the time, you end up looking at current maps when reviewing past events, wish people would not do it.

Alright already, jeezuz, shoot me. No f*ckin' hyperlinking, got it , my god what a bunch of grouchy old f*cks!!! It's like I killed your cat or something.

J/K

Didn't see the SREF keeping the highest qpf out of NY/WNE. Radar would suggest otherwise unless it exits, stage right.

mike i think it's clear there off at least for WVA lol. wether the precip turns more NNE is a good question.

i see it going up the W. periphery of the high...but i'm just a putz.

mike i think it's clear there off at least for WVA lol. wether the precip turns more NNE is a good question.

i see it going up the W. periphery of the high...but i'm just a putz.

Yeah, the model says what it says. But that's a pretty big shield and it's getting pretty close.

Wow--CEF is down to 0 now as well.

Archived