• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Midweek Storm DISCO part II

DomNH

You said -10F. If it starts to rain at that temp, there will be an ice skating rink to drive on. Obviously that won't be the case but you did say -10F.

First of all, I was exagerating....secondly, temps are going to start rising soon....snow-rain.

By the time the snow flips to sleet and rain, just about all of E MA should be above freezing or close to it.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We want a stronger low with a more easterly track. Weak low with a west track

is john jumping off a bridge.....or is he not sold on mid levels from hell

box was really hammering ML warmth on disco.....

seems like mid levels torch ahead of schedule.....what to we want a weaker or stronger low to limit torching mid-levels

it seems at 12 hours (12z =7am) the nam is weaker with surface low but mid levels 0c are much further north.

from 12z run to 0z run the 24 and 12 hr 0c line has shifted from near allentown to binghamton.

This looks like mostly Snow here at KLEB, but it's close... Either way, the GFS MOS has been relatively unimpressed for a while... be interesting to see the rest of the suite.

You get iffy at 27hr with 850s of +1.5C at LEB. Then dry air moves in aloft so you'd maybe get snow grained or ZL'd briefly at the end. We're both all snow on this run through 00z tomorrow. Then I get 0.50" of ZR/IP/R.

F the nam past 12 hours......i see why messenger hates it now lol

seriously thou is everyone throwing in the towel. mets have been eerily quiet throughout the nite....cept for john tossing out the snowbomb checkmate :whistle:

NAM was way too amped up...waiting for the GFS.

seriously thou is everyone throwing in the towel. mets have been eerily quiet throughout the nite....cept for john tossing out the snowbomb checkmate :whistle:

Nothing about this is suprising....it's a 2-5" swfe to rain....always has been.

Very doubtful. Plenty of rain but not that much. The good news is even with NAM the low levels are not that warm. And the better news is this solution I think makes it easier for something bigger Friday.

You sound like Monty Hall, Jerry.

"You can keep this wintry potpouri and perhaps have a net gain. Or, you can trade it in for what's behind this curtain......"

The contestants are all dressed up as various weenies.

Now worries. Yeah, mostly aholes in the snowmobiling game really. It's too bad, it used to be so much fun, now it's survival out there. Machines too big, too powerful, too fast and the general IQ of the rider has gone down. It's hard to imagine 3 feet of snow is now gone on most trails, but that's the way it is these days. Back in the glory days of the Cheetah440 (1973 vintage) we'd be good for the rest of the year.

What's causing it, just rough riding, tearing up the snow and blasting it off trails?

Just look at the 12z 24 hr nam QPF forecast. Sure it ties back to the dynamics of course but it just missed by a wee little bit in ENC. It's not a great model, it got lucky once.

Ray what are you predicting for your back yard .I must have missed it the first ten times you posted it this week? LOL climo says you are dead nuts right.Let's hope the high end of what makes climo occurs.

:lol:

Well, I'd rather be rundant than face folks calling BS on me after the fact.

3.9\-2

What's causing it, just rough riding, tearing up the snow and blasting it off trails?

Just look at the 12z 24 hr nam QPF forecast. Sure it ties back to the dynamics of course but it just missed by a wee little bit in ENC. It's not a great model, it got lucky once.

Well, I think there is a little more to it than that.....that was a situation in which it excels, but swfes are not.

You get iffy at 27hr with 850s of +1.5C at LEB. Then dry air moves in aloft so you'd maybe get snow grained or ZL'd briefly at the end. We're both all snow on this run through 00z tomorrow. Then I get 0.50" of ZR/IP/R.

Yep. i still like my 4.5-9 call here, probably in the 6-7 inch with a little glaze... Wait on more info though.

What did you get in V-Day 07?

Archived