• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Midweek Storm DISCO part II

DomNH

This does not have the feel of an ice storm up here for sure. troughiness just keeping it clean for Friday. Was just telling Eric in the other thread, that Friday kinda snuck up on me. Is it a ne deal or is it ma as well?

I just noticed Friday about 20 minutes ago :lol:.

But 4-8'' and ice to get through first :thumbsup:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First chance to really look closely at this system...not sure what the thoughts are by everyone here or the NWS as I kind of like to make thoughts myself before I read NWS so I can at least see if I have the right idea but this seems like an awfully difficult forecast to make...I could kind of see someone get screwed over by freezing rain big time...I know this doesn't look like a screaming freezing rain/significant icing setup but I could certainly see something like this occurring somewhere.

With the potential for up to several inches of snowfall accumulation and then icing this could be quite a disaster.

First chance to really look closely at this system...not sure what the thoughts are by everyone here or the NWS as I kind of like to make thoughts myself before I read NWS so I can at least see if I have the right idea but this seems like an awfully difficult forecast to make...I could kind of see someone get screwed over by freezing rain big time...I know this doesn't look like a screaming freezing rain/significant icing setup but I could certainly see something like this occurring somewhere.

With the potential for up to several inches of snowfall accumulation and then icing this could be quite a disaster.

Paul,do you think we should preemptively mobilze the National Guard?

Likely to be an event that demonstrates why in some scenarios we do not need a high PP N...

This type of antecedent cold is not being handled well by the other guidance and again, other than the last 2 dicey runs - understandable anyway - the NAM is better for this time and type of intense initial thermal gradient, and where that nexus occurs with jet mechanics aloft will place a sfc, 850 mb centers SE of PVD.

If the low goes there everything busts too warm and we get a lot of snow/IP in a short duration. If the low cuts up into the interior, that would be the only way this warms enough to enter other issues.

That's just the way is.

Looks juicy on the radar south o'here. Gotta like the trajectory. Cold is going to win out on this one I believe. More snow vs.sleet here a la GFS. Big Winter incoming, BIG BIG Winter.

ALY's AFD is really good. Talks a lot about the balance of qpf vs p-type in their deicison making (their warning for the Berks is only for 3-8").

Meanwhile, I'm basking in the perpetual nightime warmth here on the hil before basking in Negril on Thursday.

10.3/-3

The W. Ma. crew is looking good.

I hinted at this before and the EURO really illustrates my point; I'm not sure that snowfall amounts won't bust high in the western portion of SNE.....GC maybe immune to low level contamination, but the mid levels are impartial to elevation and distance from the ocean.

Likely to be an event that demonstrates why in some scenarios we do not need a high PP N...

This type of antecedent cold is not being handled well by the other guidance and again, other than the last 2 dicey runs - understandable anyway - the NAM is better for this time and type of intense initial thermal gradient, and where that nexus occurs with jet mechanics aloft will place a sfc, 850 mb centers SE of PVD.

If the low goes there everything busts too warm and we get a lot of snow/IP in a short duration. If the low cuts up into the interior, that would be the only way this warms enough to enter other issues.

That's just the way is.

Alrighty then...no need for further discussion...whistle.gif

Paul,do you think we should preemptively mobilze the National Guard?

:lol:

I'm probably going to post as least as possible b/c I know I'm going to bust very badly on any forecast I make but I'll attempt one anyway just so I can at least learn something but I do think there could be some major issues somewhere potentially, accumulating snow then ice is never a good thing. The big questions are how much snow do we get, and how much freezing rain occurs before it changes to rain, if it does.

That's just the way is.

Great song :thumbsup:

I hinted at this before and the EURO really illustrates my point; I'm not sure that snowfall amounts won't bust high in the western portion of SNE.....GC maybe immune to low level contamination, but the mid levels are impartial to elevation and distance from the ocean.

GFS MOS has just been POUNDING at this up here in KLEB. Makes me nervous...

A la ALY AFD--they must have read your post.

That's just the way is.

The primary does the dirty work.....I don't care how cold it is to start, e of I 495 will ultimately moderate above freezing; points west are a different story.

Archived