gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
January Obs Thread III

strongwxnc

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here Jeremy, I'm right at 32 here, haven't seen the airport obs, but I hope the warming trend stops now just to keep the hope of the 120 hour sub32 streak a potential. My icicles on the house are dripping faster now than anytime today. They're going to be huge in the morning.

Yeah I just wanted the ZR glaze to make it to sunrise for some good pics.

Same here Jeremy, I'm right at 32 here, haven't seen the airport obs, but I hope the warming trend stops now just to keep the hope of the 120 hour sub32 streak a potential. My icicles on the house are dripping faster now than anytime today. They're going to be huge in the morning.

I have clear skies and 30 down here so maybe you can keep your below freezing streek going if the drier air reaches you quick enough. I'm looking for temps to really start to drop fast after midnight.

I have clear skies and 30 down here so maybe you can keep your below freezing streek going if the drier air reaches you quick enough. I'm looking for temps to really start to drop fast after midnight.

temp just dropped to 31 and i feel a little breeze now. Plus, I'm seeing snow flurries. At first I thought it was falling off the trees, but they're falling straight from top to bottom, and the snow on the trees should be glazed and too hard to blow much. The streamers coming off the mountains make it possible for sure.

lol - thing here...just saw some flakes when i took the dogs out. its really icy, wind and cold (25.4) brrrrr

I've got a real good period of flurries here, so I know the mountains are getting hit hard. I never ever get flurries from upslope here. Its coming down really good, I'm surprised.:snowman:

I've got a real good period of flurries here, so I know the mountains are getting hit hard. I never ever get flurries from upslope here. Its coming down really good, I'm surprised.:snowman:

Nice, wish I could get lucky with some of those flurries but I know it'll die out before it gets here. You might get a little coat on the ice.

As am I. You got into some light snow earlier IIRC. Now you're getting flurries. :thumbsup: Didn't have anything fall here during the afternoon except more freezing drizzle haha. I might get into some flakes later tonight though so we'll see.

30 degrees and flurries here. Never got any ice. Icicles are over 3 feet here, but it's from the heat inside the house. You're right, Robert, they will keep growing if the sheet on the roof doesn't give way. I have a two story house, so I don't think they'll be touching the ground. I can see the moon and some stars. Strange!

NWFS is in full force now! here is a picture from my front door. Taken about 10 min. ago.

Sorry about the size of the pic. I am not to good with this!

post-2594-0-95753400-1294802499.jpg

Wow I'm surprised you are getting hit hard... have almost nothing here except a few stray flurries... the humidity is dropping off like a rock here arrowheadsmiley.png

Temp: 25.1 degrees

Humidity: 56%

Its looking like the bands are coming in as squalls on radar... maybe you got under one of those nice squalls! Enjoy it, I know folks close to Weaverville have a nice maxima for northwest flow events.

4r9c1v.gif

I've crammed for many an exam in that Wendys. Mostly though I just ate.:pepsi:

Haha......cool Foothills. 1997 App grad here. Played baseball and had to endure those 5:00 AM strength and conditioning workouts in the dead of winter. The weight lifting was fine, it was the outdoor conditioning and cold that would kill you. Nice to know I have some Appalachian Alumni on here. By the way, it's snowing lightly in Hendersonville!!

Haha......cool Foothills. 1997 App grad here. Played baseball and had to endure those 5:00 AM strength and conditioning workouts in the dead of winter. The weight lifting was fine, it was the outdoor conditioning and cold that would kill you. Nice to know I have some Appalachian Alumni on here. By the way, it's snowing lightly in Hendersonville!!

I went there one year 97-98. Saw the biggest snowstorm ever while there in January 98. It was supposed to rain, but we got over 2 feet. I measured 30" at my apartment on 421, with no drifts. Anyway, the GFS is close to snow in the mtns Saturday night or Sunday, then rain for everybody the next few days.

Archived