joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do that and it probably just boots this s/w out faster IMO. What we need is this s/w that kicks off all our snow to be stronger. Let it trend that way another run or two and we may see some pretty incredible things.

What a weenie solution this is for even you and I. Looks like 8-12" verbatim.

Well the trend today has been improved. 12Z showed some signs, 18Z definitive, 0Z first out of the shoot continues this trend.

I'd like to see the 500mb energy coming to the coast at 48 hours continue to ramp up. Let it dominate and spin up legitimate low pressure in advance. Close off or come closer to it at all levels south of New England well in advance of the "pv" and we'll have a good party even if it's not captured.

That's more a zucker crusher right there.

NAM is just incredible for NYC metro, a monster hit. I don't believe we can get that much from a Norlun trough, though; NWS Upton has released snowfall maps forecasting around 7" here, but I'd still believe this is more of a 3-6" event. Most of the modeling does show the Norlun setting up over NYC, but these events tend to be unpredictable and NAM frequently overdoes QPF.

I think so too, but my confidence is low. I know there will be a lot of changes even up to T-0 so I'm really emotionally invested in any solution yet. My goal is 2-3" to whiten everything back up.

Thats reasonable. I'm putting an over under of 4 on this event. I do want it to get freshened up and pretty but we could get really good ratios and perhaps the flow off of the ocean will do some things for us that the models aren't showing.

NAM is just incredible for NYC metro, a monster hit. I don't believe we can get that much from a Norlun trough, though; NWS Upton has released snowfall maps forecasting around 7" here, but I'd still believe this is more of a 3-6" event. Most of the modeling does show the Norlun setting up over NYC, but these events tend to be unpredictable and NAM frequently overdoes QPF.

I think it's outstanding for your by but NYC...the city itself and NJ seems like just barely on the outside looking in per the graphics by cty I saw...see Bob's pic below. You get buried this run though...everyone from Yonkers on up.

Archived