joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys do realize when you immediately lock a thread it screws those who are responding? Anyway

Bull****e he turns every great GFS snow forecast into a rain at the coast storm. Biggest warminista ever, hate those kind of weathermen, Gary Ley in PvD is the same way. Joe L is great but would not like him here as he hates snow too. My ideal guy is Herb Stevens the skiing weatherman, always looking for that outside chance, at least he mentions it.

Is he still around?!!? He was my favorite when I was a kid.

Sure is, me too, but dude man that's some funny stuff he writes seriously, he is Ray with the writing skills of Tolstoy.

sometimes I use his phraseology to think up funny quips or insults

"Why don't you just subsume my correction vector!" for example

"STFU before I go meridional on you!"

or a great pickup line like "Hey baby I'd like for my meridional expression to teleconnect with your subsuming vortex -y a up for it?"

FYI top CIPS analog is 12/21/95 , Teleconnections look similar too

How can we really teleconnect all that much when the models change vastly every 12 hours?

--

The major changes v 12z seem to be that the s/w digging into the TN valley is a little more SW, the main energy coming down is heading somewhat east of the earlier track and the energy coming off the coast of the Carolinas a 24 hours is a wee bit stronger.

May not be bad to have some sep. between the two bits of energy coming down...let the first one round the base of the trough and the other one come right in and phase with it.

EDIT: NAM has blown up the pre-early troughing in favor of a closer to the coast track. We'll be able to watch returns on the KTAN radar to the SE Thursday night.

How can we really teleconnect all that much when the models change vastly every 12 hours?

--

The major changes v 12z seem to be that the s/w digging into the TN valley is a little more SW, the main energy coming down is heading somewhat east of the earlier track and the energy coming off the coast of the Carolinas a 24 hours is a wee bit stronger.

May not be bad to have some sep. between the two bits of energy coming down...let the first one round the base of the trough and the other one come right in and phase with it.

EDIT: NAM has blown up the pre-early troughing in favor of a closer to the coast track. We'll be able to watch returns on the KTAN radar to the SE Thursday night.

F'N great ...i think we need this POS to stay NE of nova scotia and not muck things up

Archived