joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS QPF map is going to look somewhat similar to the SREF, it seems.

Yeah it does look similar...except the SREF jackpotted E MA and SE NH...this one will probably be N ORH hills/Monads over to N Berks and S VT.

But people should understand this is going to change almost every run....48+ hours out for this type of event is an eternity.

It cut back over some of ern areas...but it could be the ebb and flow of these events. It also could trend to a ne mass thing too...up through sw ME. It's just too early to figure out. It still looks pretty good to me at H5.

Yeah definitely. I was just hoping it would start showing some semblance of a low in the GOM, like how the 0z NAM depicted.

It cut back over some of ern areas...but it could be the ebb and flow of these events. It also could trend to a ne mass thing too...up through sw ME. It's just too early to figure out. It still looks pretty good to me at H5.

The lack of mesoscale details shows well on a global model,, Will be an interesting dilemma for the city that never sleeps casters.

Instills confidence of a significant snow throughout the majority of ne.

It's tracking the 8h/7h lows further north instead of them running out just under the coast it's along the Pike up towards the MA border. Probably the minor difference in some SREF members too.

It's also quite a bit faster than the 12z in crossing our area until it gets out over the GOM.

Yawn.

Add in the E MA OES that the GFS won't model well and it's pretty much a universal 3-6/4-8. Funny how the GFS decides to keep the inv trof slowly progressive without stalling it out over NYC/S Coast.

The lack of mesoscale details shows well on a global model,, Will be an interesting dilemma for the city that never sleeps casters.

Yeah those are pretty cold thicknesses with erly flow underneath.

Yeah it does look similar...except the SREF jackpotted E MA and SE NH...this one will probably be N ORH hills/Monads over to N Berks and S VT.

But people should understand this is going to change almost every run....48+ hours out for this type of event is an eternity.

Truth might be somewhere in the middle of the gfs and nam. I think there's pieces to each run that are valid. Who knows...should be a fun next few days.

Add in the E MA OES that the GFS won't model well and it's pretty much a universal 3-6/4-8. Funny how the GFS decides to keep the inv trof slowly progressive without stalling it out over NYC/S Coast.

It looks pretty similar to the 12z Euro in that regard. It swings the action up into our area fairly quickly and then rots there for 24-30 hours.

Archived