• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Inverted Trough/ Redeveloper Disco Jan 7-9

Baroclinic Zone

Yeah he seems a bit cold on his response to it. Almost reluctant to talk about it. Its probably something that WCVB signed up to use and Harvey kind of just goes with it. I could be wrong though, maybe he likes showing it as one possibility...but he never seems all that excited when he's showing it.

Looked like it developed a low center off Race Point but not in time to hit anyone to the SW.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah he seems a bit cold on his response to it. Almost reluctant to talk about it. Its probably something that WCVB signed up to use and Harvey kind of just goes with it. I could be wrong though, maybe he likes showing it as one possibility...but he never seems all that excited when he's showing it.

Will, do you know what model they use for futurecast?

I don't know if that's what they use or not...I could be wrong, but that's what I thought.

oops

http://wrf-model.org/plots/realtime_main.php

Choose total precip. It sounded like what you described.

FWIW I think this is going to be similar to the WRF we're running. This is 20km initialized off of the 0.5 deg GFS and run on the WRF. I think we're aiming for higher resolution than that though.

oops

http://wrf-model.org...altime_main.php

Choose total precip. It sounded like what you described.

FWIW I think this is going to be similar to the WRF we're running. This is 20km initialized off of the 0.5 deg GFS and run on the WRF. I think we're aiming for higher resolution than that though.

Yeah our 21z wrf looks similar. We actually run a 4km wrf in house too. The one he uses I think, is 12km. I don't like to use it beyond 24 hrs, but it performed fairly well in the last storm we had.

hows the qpf is CT?

A general 0.30 or so...it gets a quarter inch to this area too...its not a good run for coastal MA though. But expect run to run changes as we are 48h+ out....as said before, that is an eternity for these inverted trough type setups.

Archived