gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
SNE Obs and Disco 12/28-1/7

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cold front has swung through ottawa back below freezing now at my parents house.

all the snow is gone for the most part.

just the snowpiles and snowbanks on driveway edges are left.

the last 12 or so hours of the torch was the worst, heavy fog and some rain showers, and then poof, it was all gone......but i guess it was just the holes coalescing into larger holes actually until it was just one big hole lol.

ill be back in MTL tonight, expecting the same when i get home.

impressive torch, nowhere near the level of jan 08, but still a solid torch. this time around, we only had about 6-10 inches of snowpack, but it was a several weeks old glacier.

hopefully we got it out of the way early and thats it.... and an epic 3 months stretch lies ahead.

A torch by any other name is still a torch. Here are some pictures I took here in GC this morning. Woods/lower elevations FTW. Everyone else in GC ftl. Hopefully, I'll be able to caption them correctly.

First, the Pit 1000'

Second, looking south toward Pete from the Pit 1000'

Shelburne woods, about 1/2 mile from the Pit, 750'

Heath Fairgrounds 1900'

Colrain 560'

Shelburne 1300'

Just for fun, the driveway to the house around the corner that Pete built, Shelburne 1000'

1/2 grass/ 1/2 snowpack..just a patchwork pattern of snow vs no. half lawns covered//other half lawns green/brown grass Pretty much devastating

Hill top FTL. Snow pack is actually doing decent here at Megan's. Def took a beating but didn't die. Probably 90% coverage.

I'll have to see the damage when I get back to ORH, but it was pretty healthy yesterday when I left. I'm expecting about 75% coverage because the drifting was a lot and a lot of areas were already low.

Hill top FTL. Snow pack is actually doing decent here at Megan's. Def took a beating but didn't die. Probably 90% coverage.

I'll have to see the damage when I get back to ORH, but it was pretty healthy yesterday when I left. I'm expecting about 75% coverage because the drifting was a lot and a lot of areas were already low.

I think you'll find it took quite a hit. probably a little more left than here since you got more from the storm..but the hills just got bent over the table by a train of men

72 and sunny. Framingham still torching. Reporting from Orlando. Hope that -epo smacks us in ten days. Mike nice picks. Peres snow palace needs replenishing?

i don't know how you didn't get WOTY! on vacation in FL, and all you can do is post in the New England section of weather forum...you have problems ;)

Peaked at 50.0 here amidst the utter devastation of the snow pack. Red-winged Blackbird numbers have increased as they pick apart the newly exposed earth. We're going to hang on to a lot of snow, definitely. Most of the ground will still be covered. But...that was a brutal hit.

Archived