gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
SNE Obs and Disco 12/28-1/7

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be more gorgeous if it were a precurser to a major winter storm.

:)

You saw that photo, yes? Every single part of that was sarcasm. It looked like a freakin' volcano had erupted in the vicinity this morning. Look at that haze - you'd think this was LA.

Looks like the high will be 63F here. I wore panties and a bra when I took the garbage out to the dumpster...very pleasant.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: Do you really need to share that?

Topped out 44.8/37 here. Currently down to 43.4/36.

Just took a drive over 1800'. Surprised to see they have the same bare spots I have.

That's nuts. :gun_bandana: I checked and the actual high here was only 42. Down to 38 now. I guess thanks to the low ovc most of the day.

I started with a lot less snow here...about 4 to 5 inches left now in the woods. 50% of the lawn is all bare where it blew off, but some hefty drifts where it blew to....

Looks like the high will be 63F here. I wore shorts and a t-shirt when I took the garbage out to the dumpster...very pleasant.

Interesting driving around the last 2 hrs.

Brought the kids over to my mom's in Manchester for a sleepover. As soon as I got off my hill into the elevation around 600-700 feet temps dropped into the 44-45 range..was upper 40's at my mom's..and then coming thru the lower spots of Coventry and Tolland on the way home temps as low as 38-40..Back up on the hill here it's 46.4...Snowpack has taken a hit, but still abould 4-5 maybe 6 inches overall.

Amazing how that snowcover in those sheltered valleys between ridges can act as a natural refrigerator

50s and 60s oh my...

BDR didn't get past the 40s and while I haven't checked for sure I doubt I did IMBY. Thank you, snow. And Sound.

The snow sure is looking mighty patchy in some areas, and completely gone in a lot of open spaces that the wind cleared to only a few inches at the end of the storm, too.

55.1F for a high. 39.7F attm

Was down Taunton most of today. They have more snow than me. Grrrrrr

Still managed to hold onto 3-4" of mangled epic pedestrianess.

Lots of fog when we were driving north on 495 and west on rte 2.

MPM I love the new avatar... I will switch mine tonight to some lost ski area.

Got to hold my new nephew today FTW

48.5/44, wow what a torch today-59F. Most areas still snow covered, but there are some bare spots.

Today was warmer then it was 90% of the time I was in Florida. Tuesday morning was in the mid 20s in Orlando, pretty impressive cold for down there. It is nIce to be back though and have a day 5/6 threat on the horizon after missing the storm Sunday.

Heavy Snow :snowman:

Major assault on snowpack continues. About 3 inches left ..much more in drifted areas..but also lots of grass showing in spots.

Fog eating snow is here.. 0 vis during my run. Was nice to run in shorts..like a summer morning.'

'You guys farther east..your snow is toast AWT

Nah, I'll still have it I think. Typical areas that are sun torched are bare, but shaded areas have about 6-12" still.

What has caused the higher dewpoints in the higer elevations? I understand why the air temps are warmer..but why are dews in the low spots in low-mid 30's but in the hills in the low -mid 40's?

The inversion. The snowpack cooled low spots into the upper 30's, and condensed all the moisture out as well. When this happened, the dews dropped to the corresponding air temperature.

Major assault on snowpack continues. About 3 inches left ..much more in drifted areas..but also lots of grass showing in spots.

Fog eating snow is here.. 0 vis during my run. Was nice to run in shorts..like a summer morning.'

'You guys farther east..your snow is toast AWT

Was not damaged until the fog assaulted it but the damage is done, today will reduce it to unsightly gobble gook for the subsidence screw areas. Hope you learned you lesson about sun angle and dew points, your insistence on the snow being torched away by Fri Sat was wrong, once the tropical air arrived it was toast, but not like you painted Wed.

Archived