• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
SNE Obs and Disco 12/28-1/7

HoarfrostHubb

Major assault on snowpack continues. About 3 inches left ..much more in drifted areas..but also lots of grass showing in spots.

Fog eating snow is here.. 0 vis during my run. Was nice to run in shorts..like a summer morning.'

'You guys farther east..your snow is toast AWT

Are you the warmest in CT right now? Savoy 43F too. Major elevations FTL the past 36hrs. I'll take my mid 30s and run.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

an entire night in the mid 30s. Damage evident this morning as pond snow has the mushy ans somewhat translucent look like it has been rained on. still 6 inches of thick mush in the shaded areas. need this to stop with the rebuilding to commence. Still think we manage some light accumulation Tuesday....just seems like a situation where we will get a little snow even if not modeled well...cold air rushing in, lots of moisture, etc.

Was not damaged until the fog assaulted it but the damage is done, today will reduce it to unsightly gobble gook for the subsidence screw areas. Hope you learned you lesson about sun angle and dew points, your insistence on the snow being torched away by Fri Sat was wrong, once the tropical air arrived it was toast, but not like you painted Wed.

As I said (AIS) everyone's snow will mostly be gone.except GC

As I said (AIS) everyone's snow will mostly be gone.except GC

You might be suprised by GC. Obviously, the wooded areas will be fine, but II was in far NW Franklin County yesterday and was seeing some patches in the fields at 1800' (to be sure, it was in the blown areas as was mby). I might take a swing through today with my camera and see what damage the fog has wrought.

Edit: I just went out withy my camera here. An unmitigated disaster. I'll post those along what I take at 1800' in a while.

Temp down to 39.7 with nw breeze becoming fresher.

Just think a week ago today it was already snowing as we were all getting ready for a top 10 snowstorm of all of our lifetimes...today..we're left with bare grass, patches of snow and fog.

This is close to the meltdown of 1996. Not quite there since there was more snow..but close

Fortuantley, for most of us the bare ground is a week after what ended up being a pedestrian snow event in spite of an incredible system.

Archived