Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,039
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

October 2026 general discussion


Typhoon Tip
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, alex said:

Got caught in a mixed rain/snow shower today in Franconia Notch. Could see legit flakes flying around while the temperature was in the upper 40s. Bizarre. I’ll remember that when it’s 32 and raining this winter lol

Upper atmosphere is what matters.  And you were at Elevation. 

  • omg 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, alex said:

Got caught in a mixed rain/snow shower today in Franconia Notch. Could see legit flakes flying around while the temperature was in the upper 40s. Bizarre. I’ll remember that when it’s 32 and raining this winter lol

That was us last week, ha.  Evaporational cooling is awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

31F with solid frost again.

This weather on the holiday weekend, going to be a gong-show in the leaf peeping spots.

IMG_9832.jpeg.4f66ad67f8811e674c239221dc9c4145.jpeg

They'll be around here, too, but we're well past peak.  Some late-turning maples will still be colorful and the aspens are peaking.

Clear blue this morning, low was mid-upper 30s.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Upper 40s here. No fake. Been nice to use least amount of energy as possible. Haven’t come close to needing heat. 

I’m so screwed this winter.  Heat is needed almost every morning at this point even with a 62-63 set point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I’m so screwed this winter.  Heat is needed almost every morning at this point even with a 62-63 set point.

Hey, it is what it is. That’s why we work.  I don’t put a price on comfort. If it’s cold, the heat goes on. If it’s hot, the AC goes on.   I’m not going to suffer to save a few dollars. But that’s just me. 

  • Like 1
  • 100% 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Hey, it is what it is. That’s why we work.  I don’t put a price on comfort. If it’s cold, the heat goes on. If it’s hot, the AC goes on.   I’m not going to suffer to save a few dollars. But that’s just me. 

Oh 100%.  It is what it is.  We are lucky and can afford it, it’s just more than I’d like.

  • 100% 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...