Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,041
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

October 2026 general discussion


Typhoon Tip
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

All night? What are you elderly?

It probably came on 3-4 times overnight and about 3-4 times in the 3 hours I've been up. 

I don't think its very well insulated. It gets crazy hot in here once it gets above like 65-70, especially the bedroom and super chilly in the winter. Also, doesn't help that the ACs are still in the living room/bedroom window. I think both have massive spider webs and spiders attached to them so I can't take them out until they go

  • Weenie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

It probably came on 3-4 times overnight and about 3-4 times in the 3 hours I've been up. 

I don't think its very well insulated. It gets crazy hot in here once it gets above like 65-70, especially the bedroom and super chilly in the winter. Also, doesn't help that the ACs are still in the living room/bedroom window. I think both have massive spider webs and spiders attached to them so I can't take them out until they go

:facepalm:

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

lol, I was waiting for this post.

What a magical place

He does have a sheltered valley there and I’m sure it’s a local min on rad nights.  But his temp is still too cold from no proper shielding. If everyone was near 32° there I could probably buy 28ish, but 24° would be a New England min excluding HIE. lol

IMG_2441.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Heat isn't turned on til Nov at the earliest..barring some anomalous artic air mass. Plus, oil prices are...you know. 

Yup. This is a hard rule. No getting the oil burner fired up until Nov 1 or after.   With that being said, we do have supplemental heat with the new mini split ac unit that was installed a few years ago. Since my wife's elderly mother lives with us, she does turn it on every so often during cooler mornings. It really only heats the area she is in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Yup. This is a hard rule. No getting the oil burner fired up until Nov 1 or after.   With that being said, we do have supplemental heat with the new mini split ac unit that was installed a few years ago. Since my wife's elderly mother lives with us, she does turn it on every so often during cooler mornings. It really only heats the area she is in. 

Must be tough keeping the MIL in line when she attempts to dabble with the heat :lol:

checkout-nametag.gif

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...