Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD OBS Thread for current 12/26 snowstorm

hurricaneschwartz

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darn I missed it; what did they say?

Still heavy snow here...wind picking up again as well...

They did a remote to Dave Warren....Dave was reading totals from a graphic at one point...mentioned that totals "not only from NWS...but also from the area as posted on The American Weather Forums"

At 11:20 PM, it is snowing lightly and the temp is down to 18 degrees in Spring Mount, PA. With the winds gusting above 30 MPH at times and the snow being pretty dry, there are places with almost no snow and places with foot-high drifts. My best guesstimate is a little over 4 inches accumulation thus far for the event.

Went outside to measure, probably won't be again. Snow seems to have lessened as now I'm between two heavy bands which hopefully doesn't last too long. However the winds are increasing and it feels nasty cold outside. Another 2.5" since 9:30/10. That would be almost 9" total, so the NWS has been right on. I doubt we see a foot, but who knows.

I'm just getting clobbered here on the North Jersey Coast. It has been unreal. I can't give you exact measurements, but roughly I have 16-22" with drifts up to 30", with this band stalled.

What part of Monmouth you in? I measured 17" in Colts Neck at 10pm, but that was two hours ago and it looks like closer to 20-22" now.

I posted this in the other thread but I'm not sure it will be answered given all the crazy Jersey and New Yorkers.

I'm curious...meteorologically speaking, can bands like these seen today setup further inland? Or does the proximity to the ocean have something to do with their occurrence, strength, duration, et cetera?

Archived