• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD OBS Thread for current 12/26 snowstorm

hurricaneschwartz

wow sounds like we got screwed(figuratively)...my buddy said we had like 6 inches around 8 pm...thought for sure we'd get at least ten.

yeah that meso band over Philly really robbed us. as soon as that thing got going a nice little canal appeared between trenton and NE philly. snow stopped at 11:30 already :axe:

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems everyone in the vicinity (you, RedSky, Chesco, iceman56, etc.) measured 7". I got 6.5" average measurement (ranging from bare ground to 3 foot drifts) in Spring Mount, PA...so fairly consistent with measurements in the vicinity.

Check out Trappe's total on the PNS. I didn't know Mt. Trappe could get nearly 3" more than the rest of us & Chesco.

Even more impressive is Chesterbrook (10")...great storm to be further east for snow. Just heard from a friend up the road in Berks County with not even 2. Wonder if the rest of the winter will turn toward the more traditional more north and west of the big cities? I think climatology says folks up toward Voyager etc. are bound to see some of the upcoming "warmer" winter events give them the bigger totals later this winter.

[

quote name=phlwx' timestamp='1293475701' post='198171]

Check out Trappe's total on the PNS. I didn't know Mt. Trappe could get nearly 3" more than the rest of us & Chesco.

...DELAWARE COUNTY...

FOLCROFT 14.0 1235 PM 12/27

CLIFTON HEIGHTS 12.4 1052 AM 12/27

DREXEL HILL 11.3 220 AM 12/27

MEDIA 8.6 931 AM 12/27

RADNOR 6.6 951 AM 12/27

So my 14.5 inches verifies for this storm. Screw all you non-believers. Not to sound rude but time to put this to bed folks. I am not an inflator.

Radnor is right next to me dude. Makes me feel better about my low total compared to Drexel hill and Clifton.

It seems everyone in the vicinity (you, RedSky, Chesco, iceman56, etc.) measured 7". I got 6.5" average measurement (ranging from bare ground to 3 foot drifts) in Spring Mount, PA...so fairly consistent with measurements in the vicinity.

I was actually out in Somerset, PA during the storm. Atleast they had continous snow while I was out there, so while I "missed" the storm here, I didn't miss the snow...

Anyway just got home around 3pm Monday, looked at the yard and guessimated 6-7 inches on the ground. Then I looked at the public statement out of PHI and saw Skippack with 8.0 and Trappe with 9.6 inches. Those seemed high to me, but then again I wasn't here to measure it throughout the storm. I guess if i was being generous I'd say 7 inches.

By the way the exact snow/no snow line I drove though on the PA Turnpike was at mile marker 260. Nothing on the ground west of there.

Radnor is right next to me dude. Makes me feel better about my low total compared to Drexel hill and Clifton.

granted i will give lee this it was hard to measure this snow with the drifts....but i don't see how 14.5 is in brookhaven while media is 8.6 someone is off there....Atleast when you look at the pns you the measurements in eastern delco make sense...wynnewood up by bryn mawr was 11...i cam in with 11.3 about 2 miles south of wynnewood. Clifton which is a mile or so south of me was 12.4...folcroft which is about 3-4 miles south of me came in at 14...then phl intl which is about 7 miles south of me got 12.4. The way how the banding set up last night was from north to south and that is pretty well represented....John what was your measurement as of 8pm last night? I know phl was over 5 prob...i was just over 4....

granted i will give lee this it was hard to measure this snow with the drifts....but i don't see how 14.5 is in brookhaven while media is 8.6 someone is off there....Atleast when you look at the pns you the measurements in eastern delco make sense...wynnewood up by bryn mawr was 11...i cam in with 11.3 about 2 miles south of wynnewood. Clifton which is a mile or so south of me was 12.4...folcroft which is about 3-4 miles south of me came in at 14...then phl intl which is about 7 miles south of me got 12.4. The way how the banding set up last night was from north to south and that is pretty well represented....John what was your measurement as of 8pm last night? I know phl was over 5 prob...i was just over 4....

But how can you say i am bad at it with folcroft came in at 14 also. So that is almost in the same direct line as per here to there as folcroft per how that band setup.

Hey Tombo! I live in Wynnewood .... measuring in a few spots ..... it was around 11 or so. The drifting, blowing snow made it tough to hit . I thought we were going to get maybe 6 or so until that n/s band hit! Loved that I could float into work after I dug out this morning as my front door and driveway had huge drifts! Merry Christmas! :-)

i couldn't find any measurement higher than 9" in open areas, and I averaged 8.1".

So this report makes no sense to me...

...BUCKS COUNTY...

BENSALEM 13.0 1104 AM 12/27

Meanwhile,

...BUCKS COUNTY...

1 WSW PENNDEL 8.1 700 AM 12/27 COCORAHS

I am exactly 1.67 miles WSW of the center of Penndel!

i couldn't find any measurement higher than 9" in open areas, and I averaged 8.1".

So this report makes no sense to me...

...BUCKS COUNTY...

BENSALEM 13.0 1104 AM 12/27

That sounds right to me...

Meanwhile,

...BUCKS COUNTY...

1 WSW PENNDEL 8.1 700 AM 12/27 COCORAHS

I am exactly 1.67 miles WSW of the center of Penndel!

idk, Philly Int'l was under that heavy band for hours while I was getting nothing - and ended up with 12.4".

13" really doesn't make sense to me, especially when I'm backed up by a COCRAHS observer

Given the wind, this storm had numerous opportunities for people to measure incorrectly.

Yea I was around 4" at that time before the band really helped later. I don't know man, its just frustrating. Like a snowhole was around my house or something. I measured in like 10 different places too and the highest I could find was 9.5". Honestly, I think the band got going just south of me which is why I didn't really get in on it. Im closer to conshohocken than villanova so that posters total of 10" above me isn't too far off from what I had.

Archived