joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD OBS Thread for current 12/26 snowstorm

hurricaneschwartz

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please keep your posts to observations....rants about the Eagles game being cancelled, congratulations with no obs, complaints with no obs, arguing over totals...all detract from the value of this thread as a data collection/preservation tool. Literally too many useless posts to delete right now...PLEASE....obs and obs only. If you are getting screwed or jackpotted, and want to share the emotions of the moment feel free to go to OT where there are threads dedicated to both.....but please include some kind of relevant data with all your posts....

just some examples....

"I-81 screwed again" is a complaint...and is useless for the purpose of an obs thread

"I hope I hear thundersnow!! Please Please Please" is not an ob

celebration thread:

complaint/screw zone thread

Slightly over an inch in beautiful downtown Reading, PA but snowing as hard as it has all day and really blowing around. I enjoy reading the observations from NJ and the NYC area right now with reports of thundersnow. Ah, thundersnow! One of the most exciting weather phenomena to experience. Kudos to those of you getting hammered with this storm. :thumbsup:

Wind driven snow -- snow bands keep filling in from Atlantic -- sorry can't measure but when snow plows have to plow twice in a three hour period, there is some serious snow on the ground

Guestimate 12" - easy

T=25 Cold

W= 30mph - sustained w/ higher gusts

When this thing heads North of Ocean County - it's gonna want to pull a lot of snow down with it along the coast-- just looking at the radar seems like last years Dec 19th storm and Feb 5th - 6th storm combined - remember this is an Obs thread and I am just observing :whistle:

Haven't seen a single plow up here and we are pretty damn close to 12" now.

Toms River caught a lot of flack last year -- definitely on the ball here tonight, at least my area - they plowed an hour ago -- between wind and snow already covered - kind of wish they waited, if for some reason I need to get out I have piles of snow in my drive way plus accumulation

Archived