Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
E PA/NJ/DE/NE MD OBS Thread for current 12/26 snowstorm

hurricaneschwartz

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it say that they're doing better than TTN, because I'm just reaching 6" now....

really been focusing more around philly...not official radar estimate, just my personal obs..that a couple times NE Philly was under heavier stuff than say CC or the airport. Of course with all the blowing snow its probably his location of measurement, not his ruler or intentional total inflation. Damn hard to get accurate measurements tonight.

12.5" on my last measure in Somerset (near the New Brunswick border). Been catching up with more eastern locales during the past few hours with this nearly stationary heavy snowband. Haven't seen any lightning/thunder though...

i have not either heard thunder or seen lighting. I am not standing outside though much or at all lately.

went for a 15 minute walk about 45 minutes ago and took a snow measurement earlier but none reported.

In my past thunder snow reports, I would hear it from inside

i have not either heard thunder or seen lighting. I am not standing outside though much or at all lately.

went for a 15 minute walk about 45 minutes ago and took a snow measurement earlier but none reported.

In my past thunder snow reports, I would hear it from inside

Same here. Getting dumped on, but haven't noticed any thunder/lightning. Really interesting that there have been so many strikes in Manhattan.

Do you guys even report these totals to the NWS? The official reports are a lot lower than what you guys are reporting.

I have about 10 inches in North Brunswick

not really. I was a spotter for a number of years. Lost my spotter businees card with ID # and phone number to call in the figures that I got a good number of years back

I saw a report from cheesequake of around 11-12 inches earlier. That is not to far away from Edison, basically over the rt 9 bridge

not sure if posted yet. but Mt holly is going 20+ central and east areas in NJ

/O.CON.KPHI.BZ.W.0003.000000T0000Z-101227T1400Z/

MORRIS-SOMERSET-MIDDLESEX-WESTERN MONMOUTH-EASTERN MONMOUTH-OCEAN-

ATLANTIC-CAPE MAY-ATLANTIC COASTAL CAPE MAY-COASTAL ATLANTIC-

COASTAL OCEAN-SOUTHEASTERN BURLINGTON-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MORRISTOWN...SOMERVILLE...

NEW BRUNSWICK...FREEHOLD...SANDY HOOK...JACKSON...HAMMONTON...

CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE...OCEAN CITY...ATLANTIC CITY...

LONG BEACH ISLAND...WHARTON STATE FOREST

842 PM EST SUN DEC 26 2010

...BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST MONDAY...

A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM EST MONDAY.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE: SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS: TWELVE TO TWENTY FOUR INCHES...WITH LOCALLY

HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE IN SOME PLACES.

Up to 6.7" in Ewing near TTN as of 9PM. 1" in the last hour. Finally that band might be moving in?

~14.5" in Millburn, drifts to near 2.5', measured many times lowest was near 12" highest (outside obvious drifts) 17" some areas cannot walk through b/c snow is knee or more deep. Snowing at 1.5"/hr.

WOW!

Archived