• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
May 2024 Discussion - Welcome to Severe Season!!!!

weatherwiz

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not record, * as in seems warm lately compared to other spots. On srly flow you'd think CEF to FIT etc would be warmer. 

It seems reasonable though, no?  ALB is 81-82F too.  I guess it’s not egregious.

BDL has stalled at 81-82F past two hours.  Maybe just mixed out faster?  Seems to have gotten there quicker but the others are catching up.

In the 5-min data, BAF is now 82F to BDL 81F.  AQW is 81F at 650ft.

15 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

12z guidance hedging wetter Wednesday night / Thursday .. still a little skeptical but we'll see 

Certainly is unusual to have a SW flow 80+ F day setting the stage for any kind of coastal concern  :wacko:

...unless it's a hurricane I guess

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It seems reasonable though, no?  ALB is 81-82F too.  I guess it’s not egregious.

BDL has stalled at 81-82F past two hours.  Maybe just mixed out faster?  Seems to have gotten there quicker but the others are catching up.

In the 5-min data, BAF is now 82F to BDL 81F.  AQW is 81F at 650ft.

It got there a lot quicker, but srly flow probably catching up now. Definitely was warmer than other areas, but that is Kevin's tarmac maybe at work. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We told em 

Was thinking you’d enjoy the feel out there… rain cooled 64F but the storms also raised the dews up near 60F.  Feels a bit muggy, windows and sliders open.  Decent light left to the day at 7pm even with clouds and convection.

Was a nice day..though a bit more breezy by late afternoon. Capped out around 68° which we take in May

GFS won't let us out though..stubborn delay of real spring warmth going forward through next 7. It has to be the most pessimistic model 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Was a nice day..though a bit more breezy by late afternoon. Capped out around 68° which we take in May

GFS won't let us out though..stubborn delay of real spring warmth going forward through next 7. It has to be the most pessimistic model 

Seems like we get one beauty a week (Tuesdays seems to be the day). The rest not so much. As long as it's not pouring rain I'm happy with it.

Screenshot_20240514_194251_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Seems like we get one beauty a week (Tuesdays seems to be the day). The rest not so much. As long as it's not pouring rain I'm happy with it.

Screenshot_20240514_194251_Chrome.jpg

Fwiw I think that BN lasting every day like that may be too pessimistic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

So many oak schlongs ready to come down. Triggering.

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

You know you're setting yourself up right?

Perhaps more so if CW uses the word go. Stay calm, as always …

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Was thinking you’d enjoy the feel out there… rain cooled 64F but the storms also raised the dews up near 60F.  Feels a bit muggy, windows and sliders open.  Decent light left to the day at 7pm even with clouds and convection.

I walked 9 and didn’t even really break a sweat. Teed off juts after 6:00 and finished around 7:30. Had a few sprinkles but could see heavier stuff off to the north. Black flies starting to assert their dominance. 

• Like 1