Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discobs 2024

George BM

6 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Am I missing something with the frost/freeze advisories tonight? Hrrr and NAM have lows in the 40s even for far N/W burbs?

yeah not buying it for the urban areas - DCA still at 53F.  51F here with some elevation.

18 minutes ago, 87storms said:

Temps look outstanding by Sunday. Hopefully we can snag some storms during the warmup.

Any significant rain chances are probably a week away(which would be May 1st), when HP along the east coast breaks down and a front associated with LP tracking across the GLs gets closer.

Any significant rain chances are probably a week away(which would be May 1st), when HP along the east coast breaks down and a front associated with LP tracking across the GLs gets closer.

It does look dry coming up and all it takes is for me to step outside and I can tell this is a dry/downsloping wind. Hopefully this isn’t a locked in pattern like last summer. I’d rather a return to humidity.

Are you all drought trolling or do we just have a lot of micro climates in the DMV? I've been digging in my yard and the soil is plenty moist. Digging out in Deep Creek too and my boots are caked with mud. 

We are well above normal both at BWI and Oakland. Granted the last couple days have been dry but to be honest we needed that around here to do any outdoor work. 

image.png.3390a016ea5d289b706d75c9bbff20e3.png

image.png.466e010c0acda5dfd9244a75202b9b38.png

• Like 2

Are you all drought trolling or do we just have a lot of micro climates in the DMV? I've been digging in my yard and the soil is plenty moist. Digging out in Deep Creek too and my boots are caked with mud. 
We are well above normal both at BWI and Oakland. Granted the last couple days have been dry but to be honest we needed that around here to do any outdoor work. 
image.png.3390a016ea5d289b706d75c9bbff20e3.png

image.png.466e010c0acda5dfd9244a75202b9b38.png

lol yea, things have started green here in Frederick and streams are still flowin’ well. I’m assuming there’s some dry pockets around the area, but overall I would imagine we have some room to spare.

3" here for April, but almost all of that fell the first 4 days of the month. Soil here is well drained, mostly silt and sand. This time of year it can get dry pretty quickly. Even though it was super wet with high water table a month ago, that rapidly changes with longer/warmer days and increase in transpiration underway, and enhanced by a dry spell. All that said, it would probably take another couple weeks of little to no rain to reach 'abnormally dry' category.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CAPE said:

3" here for April, but almost all of that fell the first 4 days of the month. Soil here is well drained, mostly silt and sand. This time of year it can get dry pretty quickly. Even though it was super wet with high water table a month ago, that rapidly changes with longer/warmer days and increase in transpiration underway, and enhanced by a dry spell. All that said, it would probably take another couple weeks of little to no rain to reach 'abnormally dry' category.

The soil moisture data at the Waldorf mesonet site perfectly illustrates this point.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic