• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

The May flies were brutal out there today. I couldn’t walk anywhere without getting swarmed by the little pests. I’ve also seen some giant prehistoric looking mosquitoes popping up all along the yard. All this rain we’ve picked up the last 6+ months is clearly starting to yield some interesting results in our swampy neck of the woods. 

1 hour ago, Snowedin said:

The May flies were brutal out there today. I couldn’t walk anywhere without getting swarmed by the little pests. I’ve also seen some giant prehistoric looking mosquitoes popping up all along the yard. All this rain we’ve picked up the last 6+ months is clearly starting to yield some interesting results in our swampy neck of the woods. 

*Moves to a rural area*

...omg giant bug ! :P

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, kdxken said:

60° Summer morning. I wonder the last time it was 60 at 5:00 in the morning? September maybe?

Actually checked. Had a couple 60° overnight lows during a warm spell at the end of October.

12 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve never seen someone so obsessed with faux inland backdoors 

"

Enjoy the warm and partly sunny conditions today, a backdoor cold front will bring much cooler conditions, clouds, and spot
showers on Tuesday. The greatest risk for a period of showers will be Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. Temperatures for late this week and next weekend are uncertain given the positioning of a backdoor cold front...but are looking more likely to end up on the cooler side especially along the coast. After a slight chance of showers Thursday, another round of showers may arrive late next weekend.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hot, steamy , dewy summer run this morning. Love it 

Hopefully you did an extra mile to take in the dews...

66/60 here.  Just a special morning...

Screenshot_20240429_055233_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/...
Given current temperatures already running a few degrees warmer than forecast and little in the way of clouds, bumped up forecast highs by a degree or 2 in most spots.

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hot, steamy , dewy summer run this morning. Love it 

Enjoy it while you can. After a one day mild up it may be a while before we see another morning like this.

Screenshot_20240429_055717_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah we all have our individual preferences ... Some are more honest and forthcoming about what those are, whether other people care to hear about it or not. LOL.  

Like me, I write about hating and despising all forms of these low level backward/negative temperature flows of BD circumstances, and feel pretty strongly that anyone who privately covets them and the opportunity to "lavish" in 43 at BED while it is 78 at EWR ... is probably internally dysfunctional on on some lever or another.  To each is his/her own.  I suspect the majority are in their right mind, though, and hate and despise BN temperatures at this time of year, too ... cuz', what I think should be is of most importance LOL.   Bear in mind ... it's probably slate gray skies with hints of drizzle at times in those 40s and 50s while you are deciding if this region of the country is still worth it. 

It's not worth it to me any longer.  I've outgrown the dystopian fantasy of big snows and dramatic winter storms in general. I didn't feel nearly as "lovelorn" by the bad ( on balance ... ) recent 8 years of winters.  In fact, by the ends of September, as the days began to noticeably shorten, I began feel, 'oh man, really?' at the prospect of it.   My other Met friends in their 40s and 50s have been expressing similar emotions.  'not sure I care anymore.'  Life outside the child, perhaps.

I think it's just a maturing thing.  Once the mind inexorably extends beyond the framework of what one's own experiences are, opens up a lot more to be fascinated about ... Once that is triggered, stales the old.  I mean we've got too many extraordinary unprecedented aspects that are coming over the proverbial horizon due to you-know-what, and the experience of "the global phenomenon"   It has become matter of insularity, really, to remain.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1