• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
ECLIPSE CHASING!!!!

1 hour ago, LibertyBell said:

Nice pictures, be sure to take pictures of the different stages of the eclipse, Lake George to Lake Champlain may be in high clouds but it doesn't mean you won't see totality.

Looks like there are people still enroute from the Albany who are hitting traffic on 87.  The folks traveling north in VT and NH are in a mess with major back ups on the interstates there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Looks like there are people still enroute from the Albany who are hitting traffic on 87.  The folks traveling north in VT and NH are in a mess with major back ups on the interstates there.

Why didn't Amtrak start running extra trains? It would have alleviated a lot of the traffic.  They should have been running a train every hour today like the LIRR does.

Divert them from other lines if need be.

Today should have been declared a national holiday, shut everything else down and divert all mass transportation to areas of totality.

17 hours ago, Cfa said:

Contemplating taking the ferry and heading all the way up I-91 into the middle of nowhere tomorrow, but if it’s going to be cloudy I may stay put and enjoy my day off here in the 89% coverage zone.

I just bailed. I couldn’t take anymore near misses and stop and go traffic on I-91. My ETA slipped from before 2 PM to just after full totality. Going to Boston instead.