• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Congrats Dendrite Deck Destroyer 3/23-3/25 obs discussion

Ginx snewx

Have gotten lucky this week with a rental here in Lincoln, NH. Have used it as home base for mid-winter feeling days at Loon, Sugarbush, and Sunday River. Will do my best to report in a handful of times in between runs at Loon tomorrow AM.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

This is going to be an event. We don’t get models painting widespread 10-20” amounts straight through the heart of New England very often. The amount of land that accumulates 6” or more could be significant.

Freezing rain with the cold air drain, sleet, significant QPF. Should be a an interesting late-season storm.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

This is going to be an event. We don’t get models painting widespread 10-20” amounts straight through the heart of New England very often. The amount of land that accumulates 6” or more could be significant.

Freezing rain with the cold air drain, sleet, significant QPF. Should be a fun one to monitor.

thinking we get a good amount of frozen even here.. I guess its wait and see

I'm so over this winter, now we're talking ice, I love everything about winter weather, except for the ice, this can be a dangerous storm if areas stay below freezing with heavy ZR accretion, driving, walking, power issues, tree damage, just not good...congrats to central and north areas, looks like a nice storm for there, good for late season skiing in time for April vacation too! I'd love another April 82 type storm, very cold core, wide swath of 12+, gone in a few days and spring temps..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Look at that ORH icestorm . And no one knows it’s coming if they’re not reading here 

*** Here's a snippet from my late morning update to my Aubuchon Hardware Group across VT/NH/ME; an hour later I expanded concern into northern Mass...

11:35 AM    FRIDAY, MARCH 22, 2024

HEAVY TO LOCALLY EXCESSIVE SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATION POTENTIAL CONTINUES TO SEE INCREASED MODEL SUPPORT…

VERY CONCERNING TREE DAMAGE / POWER OUTAGE POTENTIAL IN PLAY FROM CENTRAL NY ON NORTH AND EAST ACROSS PORTIONS OF VT, NH AND INTERIOR MAINE…

Discussion:  If anything, the outlook for widespread heavy to locally excessive snowfalls and ice accumulations has grown even more worrisome with almost universal model support.  While I think the modeling may still be a bit over-blown, even if the totals are only 80% of reality, they still suggest a widespread damaging heavy snowfall and ice accumulation event late tonight and Saturday for many areas along and either side of the axis depicted on the snowfall map below.  LONG DURATION OUTAGES A DISTINCT POSSIBILITY???

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, FXWX said:

*** Here's a snippet from my late morning update to my Aubuchon Hardware Group across VT/NH/ME; an hour later I expanded concern into northern Mass...

11:35 AM    FRIDAY, MARCH 22, 2024

HEAVY TO LOCALLY EXCESSIVE SNOW AND ICE ACCUMULATION POTENTIAL CONTINUES TO SEE INCREASED MODEL SUPPORT…

VERY CONCERNING TREE DAMAGE / POWER OUTAGE POTENTIAL IN PLAY FROM CENTRAL NY ON NORTH AND EAST ACROSS PORTIONS OF VT, NH AND INTERIOR MAINE…

Discussion:  If anything, the outlook for widespread heavy to locally excessive snowfalls and ice accumulations has grown even more worrisome with almost universal model support.  While I think the modeling may still be a bit over-blown, even if the totals are only 80% of reality, they still suggest a widespread damaging heavy snowfall and ice accumulation event late tonight and Saturday for many areas along and either side of the axis depicted on the snowfall map below.  LONG DURATION OUTAGES A DISTINCT POSSIBILITY???

I like Aubuchon. Nice, regional chain. The one at the bottom of my hill has a Maine coon cat name Aubie. 

IMG_4020.jpeg

• Like 6

5 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

Maybe Wolfie should head back to his cabin.

Believe me…we are/were considering it.  But Only one club/town at this point is saying they’re gonna groom, (St Francis which is the next town north of Fort Kent), and if I was a local up there, that’d be awesome.  But at this point, with no base left, we don’t think it’s worth a 550 mile drive at this stage unfortunately.  

If more clubs start to get on board…with the potential of more big snow coming, that could potentially change our minds..? But that’s still a long shot after the destruction that was early March. 

• Like 1

Haven’t been out to measure, but it looks like a few inches out there. 25.9° with about 1/2sm mod snow…occasionally heavy. Growth isn’t that great, but there’s a dense amount of flakes. Fairly SWFE like.