Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

3 hours ago, UnitedWx said:

I look at that and strangely hear "Welcome to Fenway Park!"

Heh.   I don't recall the last time the weather during a Fenway opener was even remotely appropriate for MLB's "season."  

When the Bo' Sox send scouts to prospective talent household,  sitting around the dining room table, how exactly does that conversation go. The marketing of April baseball and being knuckle struck by a 92 mph up-and-in, let alone even making bat contact at 38 F.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh.   I don't recall the last time the weather during a Fenway opener was even remotely appropriate for MLB's "season."  

When the Bo' Sox send scouts go to prospective talent household,  sitting around the dining room table, how exactly does that conversation go. The marketing of April baseball and being knuckle struck by a 92 mph up-and-in, let alone even making bat contact at 38 F.

Late March is way too early for most northern teams...they need to chop 10 or 12 games off the schedule but will never happen...

32 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Opening Day has been late Morch for many many years. It’s warm , it’s spring, it’s time. 

Shorten the season and chop off all games pre 4/15. 162 games is ridiculous. Or at least go back to 154 and start a week in Napril. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Shorten the season and chop off all games pre 4/15. 162 games is ridiculous. Or at least go back to 154 and start a week in Napril. 

I suppose it wouldn't matter if all teams had indoor parks.  But ... to me, it seems sort of comically indulgent to create these hundreds of million-dollar facilities for a game.   Having to go to such lengths, some point along the way ... the expenditure might have dawned some questions -

I mean you could really go down a rabbit hole with that, ranging from redirecting all that resource into cleaning up homeless, to a carbon footprint of it all ... You name it ... when the virtuosity bends to the point where becomes immoral ... It's all true while we 'make America great again' with our hog-minded pickup trucks hauling our futures to the edge of the cliff.   All that and good luck.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

No way $$$$$$$$$$$$$

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GFS trying to blue bomb interior Friday.

it's been had legs, unfortunately, for a long time.

have to watch later next week under that mo' fuggin NAO - although that will probably just be 7 to 10 days of 37 F drizzle while the rest of the globe puts out a dystopian apocalypse headline about the hottest April since Venus came to earth, too

• Haha 1