Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

And for @eekuasepinniWI had my first white throated sparrows last week 

Nice. I've actually had a couple of them stay all winter for the first time, but I only see them when it's snowing and other food sources are freshly covered.  Still no singing from them, but the titmouses and cardinals are in full spring singing mode.  Some good yellow patches on the gold finches were spotted about a week ago.

• Like 2

"Day 11" operational Euro has Steve's system...   Good feature to watch to make sure we get butt banged in both directions: no winter when want winter; big winter when no longer want winter. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

"Day 11" operational Euro has Steve's system...   Good feature to watch to make sure we get butt banged in both directions: no winter when want winter; big winter when no longer want winter. 

That’s awfully close to 3/15. Not cool. 

1 hour ago, eekuasepinniW said:

Nice. I've actually had a couple of them stay all winter for the first time, but I only see them when it's snowing and other food sources are freshly covered.  Still no singing from them, but the titmouses and cardinals are in full spring singing mode.  Some good yellow patches on the gold finches were spotted about a week ago.

Lots of bird activity down south so far. Definitely sounds like spring when they all get singing. Saw some RWBB’s last week and we’ve got the murder of Starlings going crazy here today. Thousands upon thousands of them. Here’s a small grouping of them moving from one perch to another. 

IMG_7669.jpeg

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Hit 60.3° before clouds rolled in, wheeee! Yard is almost snow free.

20240306_135242compressed.jpg

You must be one of the hot spots in New England. Managed to break 50° for the first time in days. Not the '70s and '80s I was promised but I'll take it.

9 minutes ago, kdxken said:

You must be one of the hot spots in New England. Managed to break 50° for the first time in days. Not the '70s and '80s I was promised but I'll take it.

Looking at Wunderground that seems to be the case. I think I was also one of the coldest spots in New England this morning at 30.2°.

Screenshot 2024-03-06 150020.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, kdxken said:

59.2° here. Franklin COOP 63°. We jacked on heat. 

• Haha 1