Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2024 disco/obs

Torch Tiger

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Isn’t it more like he gone for you?

All he cares about is an ice storm of the ages. He wants his house encased in 3" thick of ice.

Hell, he might look like the new Jack Nicholson from The shining where he's frozen at the end

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, weathafella said:

No doubt winter is dark and wet but huge snows are not far away.  I went to paradise ranger station around June of 1990.  It is fairly low in elevation but has booked 1000 inches in a season.

In late November of 1996 we tried to drive up to Paradise but were turned around at about 4,000' (Going to the Sky Bridge) as we had neither 4WD nor chains.  At Longmire (~2700') there was mix and 3-6" OG.  We found a turnout maybe 100' elev below the bridge and there was nearly 4 feet OG, with great snowball-fight texture.   Paradise, at ~5500', probably had 6 ft+.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

She not gonna let us out. Blocky and stormy times…

image.thumb.png.93d2767429d83dcc5e4fea668ef4ff1b.png

This has actually been telegraphed pretty well. Second week of March and beyond kept showing up as blocky. Unfortunately there’s not a ton of cold on that look so we prob gets lots of cold rain or slop threats. But a real system wouldn’t surprise me either if you get everything to line up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This has actually been telegraphed pretty well. Second week of March and beyond kept showing up as blocky. Unfortunately there’s not a ton of cold on that look so we prob gets lots of cold rain or slop threats. But a real system wouldn’t surprise me either if you get everything to line up. 

Yup. Good for late season skiing. Agony for everyone else. 

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Ridge is in a very nice position.  But at 360 hrs that whole look will more than likely morph into something not as nice looking, as we’ve seen happen for most of the last two years.  But as is in that snapshot it’s a very nice look. 

• Like 1