Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Weekend Rule? Saturday 2/17 - The Icon Storm

DDweatherman

15 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

For the record I’m not cliff jumping. I love to analyze this stuff. I’m curious why the CAMs are off on a tangent so close to game time. But I’ve noted they do this sometimes and the radar looks great. But I’m always open minded to all possibilities. Maybe they’re right. Doubt it but I’ve seen weirder things!  It’s chips fall time. But I like to analyze all these situations. They are learning experiences. We will have another similar wave scenario to this someday in the future and the outcome here along with the performance of these guidance tools will be used to help me make a better forecast in the future. 

Right.  I have lurked on the board for over ten years now and swear you guys see shifts that never materialize based off of pre-storm paranoia.   I can’t tell you how many time I have seen it. It usually happens during the Virga stage.   

The flagship gfs model gave us an increase in snowfall totals at 18z.  Stop looking at the rgem and the hrrr and all the other jv models… they are just gonna make you crazy.

Sleep well knowing that tomorrow morning when you wake up it’s gonna be ripping.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

It’s a 1-3” storm most likely at this point. Anything more than that is gravy. Bar lowered to 1.5”.

I think 1 to 2 is still good for us.  Beggars can't be choosers...but it is a letdown from earlier, ngl.   But I encourage folks to not deb up this thread...take it to banters so others can enjoy the storm.  I'll see you there!

• Like 4