Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 rain to snow event

LVblizzard

45 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

As of 7:30 pm, 32F and snowing heavily with 2.25" OTG, so that's 1" in the last hour. With maybe 4-5 hours of snow left, think we can get to 6" but maybe not my 7.2" forecast unless we really get into a heavy band for awhile.

Been snowing pretty heavily the past hour, so as of 8:30 am we have 4.0" on the ground, so that was 1.75" the past hour, which is ripping. Just did my first driveway/sidewalk shovel and that's heart attack heavy snow, especially the bottom half which has the sleet/wetter snow. The snow the past hour has to be greater than 10:1 ratio snow - much drier and gorgeous dendrites. 32-33F right now.

• Like 2

I admire you sticking to your call but the thing that bothers me in this run is there is one hell of a discrepancy of 6 inches vs 17 inches. Thats nearly an inch or so more of available precipitable water for snow making. LIke I said another 8 hour run or so should iron some of it out. But even if I took half of that extra precip out this run, it would still meet winter storm warning easily. 8-12+ in seems more in line if this trend continues

The 8-12 being called for on Sunday was pretty good estimate.  I have  least 8 inches on the ground now. Trees bending on the weight of the snow. Real good snowman making snow. Did not get the thundersnow but I will take the pukage of snow right now.

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

snow picking back up here in Media power just went off for a few minutes 32.9f 

Total snowfall 2.6"

I think I'm between you and Kamu. In Glen Mills, Middletown, between the old Wawa Dairy/Franklin Mint and the Glen Mills train station. Elevation here is around 270 feet.  Right now we have moderate snow and temp of 33F. 2.25 inches.

1 hour ago, RU848789 said:

Been snowing pretty heavily the past hour, so as of 8:30 am we have 4.0" on the ground, so that was 1.75" the past hour, which is ripping. Just did my first driveway/sidewalk shovel and that's heart attack heavy snow, especially the bottom half which has the sleet/wetter snow. The snow the past hour has to be greater than 10:1 ratio snow - much drier and gorgeous dendrites. 32-33F right now.

As of 9:30 am 4.5" of snow on the ground at 32F as we only got 1/2" over the last hour, due to being stuck in what looks like a subsidence lull. Might keep us from getting above 6" if this doesn't end soon.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blue Dream said:

2-3” here in Morrisville. Not a lot of accumulation the past hour. Hopefully it picks up again soon. 

Yeah, basically across the river from you and measured 3" of mashed potatoes on the driveway not too long ago. Agree it's let up but hoping we get some stat padding on the way out. Glad I dug out the snowblower but now have to change the oil since it's been a while.

• Like 1