Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

6 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

But the flip was 7 am (12z). It was right on cue. 

I hope you weren’t hugging the 10:1 maps from the RAP, were you?

Absolutely not soundings had pwat of near .7 and pure rippage at this time for baltimore and north it would have resulted in 2-3 inch per hour as they are getting in north Frederick and Southern PA now. There was no indication of dry air or a dry slot unless you were in Southern MD flip time was 6:15

5 minutes ago, Ravens94 said:

This was game time for 2-3 per hour per all the models. Not 1 had a dry slot now

I thought some of the models showed that possibility. We just chose to hope it was wrong, lol. But yeah, I know the HRRR showed by 7 am it was snowing basically all the way to the bay, which means it was probably snowing where I am well before that. And I am still waiting for it to start. Punting 1/3 of the time it was supposed to snow is not great, lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EHoffman said:

Our public school systems around here are pretty unreal.  This is like a textbook case of having a 2 hour delay being the correct move.  Or just open on time honestly.

Yeah, I get all the criticism but it’s not a call that I would want to have to make.

Precip finally picking up here, though it’s still light.

Snow has really picked up here now. Just got the text of the re-evaluating of the 2 hr delay. Schools are now closed for FCPS MD. 

It’s pretty much sticking to everything here. It’s simply snowing too hard for it not to lol. Doesn’t look like it’ll last too long, though.
  • Like 1

And it has started. Just heard the sirens for this as I am close. Horrible merge area. Everyone even in dry weather treats it as a speed ramp and not a merge. 

7:17 am  /   VEHICLE ACCIDENT W / ROLLOVER /  FREDERICK: @ RT340EB  /  RT15 (JEFFERSON): IAO TG: 9_DELTA Disp: RS20, M20, A209, E201, EB_ASGNMT3, A149, E141, WB_ASGNMT1, BAT903, EMS901  - Listen live at

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

That band is legit. 

Yes it is. When it was over Washington County it was real rippage probably close to 2" per hour rates.  Even behind that band it's moderate snow and still piling up nicely. Places to the East should have several more hours of snow when you flip.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ji said:

You should move to Leesburg where it transitioned 45 minutes ago

You should move SW to Aldie so you can be in the yellows  :) and please don't make me show you where Aldie is on a map.