Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

58 minutes ago, high risk said:

Goddamnit, y'all.     I have literally worked as a RAP/HRRR developer, and I would still use the JMA or NAVGEM before I used the RAP/HRRR system for snow amounts.    B)

These people have a fever for high snow amounts.

12 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

You’re watching water vapor?  Wow, that’s cool, bro.  They told me it was invisible in science class.  Dafuq do ‘they’ know anyways?

All kidding aside, nowcasting is a thing and is also an art.  What’s your forecast and for where?

ETA:  ninja’d. See your forecasts above.  Think you will bust high with ground truth, but good luck!  Seriously 

This one just evolved out of almost nowhere . I’m going to look hard at  colder temp movement starting around 10pm tonight. 

25 minutes ago, notvirga! said:

is this similar to what you are thinking? 

https://x.com/matthewcappucci/status/1757165780666290588?s=46

It’s close. He’s not highlighting the elevation areas within the 1-3” shading, so it’s a broadbrush. Could be right, but I hate maps that don’t provide the detail along the ridge areas that ride along MD27 and along the M/D. For a quick map, it’s not bad. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

sorry to kill the excitement but Pivotal's maps are bad. Still... reasonably good north of the Beltway
1707868800-N05xe6ADmbo.png

1707847200-2kPA6rIPPQQ.png

These pathetic ass models are still waffling all over the place. A range if 0-8” is simply jokingly unacceptable at this point with onsetv 12 hours awayv

5 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

I’m wondering why the NWS hasn’t posted at least a Hazardous Outlook for the counties surrounding DC N and W since this could impact rush hour.  

That should be very telling to you.