• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2024 Valentines Day Who the Hell Knows - Comeback Thread

DDweatherman

Someone is going to get hit pretty solidly tomorrow morning. My guess is elevation areas above 500’ will be the primary with NE MD in a good spot given the expected track of the 7H/85H lows on mesos. 

I feel FDK will get snow and it could be heavy for a short time, but too warm initially to be part of the major accumulations. Parrs Ridge down through MoCo could snag some accums as well, but I still like I-70 north with elevation to be the winners. 

This is a tricky storm for guidance due to the convective initiation and spatial resolve across the south. I’ve been peeking at this potential all week and figured we’d have a surprise in store somewhere. Didn’t think we’d be in the game, if I’m being completely honest. I thought NYC could luck into it. Maybe some of us can as well. Will be interesting to track. If only we were 2-3° colder leading in…

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

That would be some serious mashed potatoes if that verified. Huge flakes 

Ok MillvilleWx .. I need your no BS assessment … we have 2 globals and multiple regionals now with the NEMD crushed signal .. The RAP shows a perfect SLP pass off ORF … what’s the red tagger thought? 

9 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Starting to get some Jan 27, 2011 vibes for the NW crew. You have:

1.) A dynamic, strengthening system moving through to the south.

2.) Rain to start so no pretreatment can be put down on roads.

3.) Heavy rates.

I was thinking when the NAM came out this morning how the forecasted vertical velocities reminded me of that storm.

IMG_2926.thumb.jpeg.1541a86b02841279136916ffa190927b.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Someone is going to get hit pretty solidly tomorrow morning. My guess is elevation areas above 500’ will be the primary with NE MD in a good spot given the expected track of the 7H/85H lows on mesos. 

I feel FDK will get snow and it could be heavy for a short time, but too warm initially to be part of the major accumulations. Parrs Ridge down through MoCo could snag some accums as well, but I still like I-70 north with elevation to be the winners. 

This is a tricky storm for guidance due to the convective initiation and spatial resolve across the south. I’ve been peeking at this potential all week and figured we’d have a surprise in store somewhere. Didn’t think we’d be in the game, if I’m being completely honest. I thought NYC could luck into it. Maybe some of us can as well. Will be interesting to track. If only we were 2-3° colder leading in…

I haven’t paid much attention since I just returned yesterday from out west. I was feeling demoralized with the 12z runs, but if the trends are good and people are making Jan 2011 comparisons and elevations above 500’ are in the game, then this has my attention and I hope to see it trend a little colder 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WeatherQ said:

Ok MillvilleWx .. I need your no BS assessment … we have 2 globals and multiple regionals now with the NEMD crushed signal .. The RAP shows a perfect SLP pass off ORF … what’s the red tagger thought? 

My thought is to prepare for potential snowstorm across Cecil county and points northeast. It’ll be a heavy wet snow and accumulate on elevated surfaces first. It could be tricky travel tomorrow morning and afternoon. The trend is undeniable at this point. Utilize mesos now and ensemble based products 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MillvilleWx said:

My thought is to prepare for potential snowstorm across Cecil county and points northeast. It’ll be a heavy wet snow and accumulate on elevated surfaces first. It could be tricky travel tomorrow morning and afternoon. The trend is undeniable at this point. Utilize mesos now and ensemble based products 

Is it possible to continue to trend south??  Fairfax county hopeful here…I want Yoda to pay $200

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, snowmagnet said:

Is it possible to continue to trend south??  Fairfax county hopeful here…I want Yoda to pay $200

I think flakes will fly, but not really amount to much. I think the max is 1-2” if literally everything broke right. This is more for MD and points and north

• Thanks 1