Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations

Northof78

Everyone is getting watches except the City
This stinks

FWIW, the city and coast had a ball for twenty years from 2000 on. The vibes we’re feeling now are a whole lot like that of the early 1990s (that’s the 1900s for the kids with their telephone texting machines)… small amounts of snow with much more north and west of town.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

In other news those inland probably can be less worried now as the RGEM seems to be catching on with its 18Z run

It has just begun its coming adjustments north from the ridiculous suppressed solution it had along with the NAM and CMC at 12z. The UKMET was way too suppressed as well

25 minutes ago, North and West said:

FWIW, the city and coast had a ball for twenty years from 2000 on. The vibes we’re feeling now are a whole lot like that of the early 1990s (that’s the 1900s for the kids with their telephone texting machines)… small amounts of snow with much more north and west of town.

I'm not sure it was much more north and west of town back in the late 80s and early 90s and again in the late 90s, I think everyone was getting shut out of snow.  

I had a place in the Poconos since 1986 and there was lots of bare ground there in those time periods with very little snow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I'm not sure it was much more north and west of town back in the late 80s and early 90s and again in the late 90s, I think everyone was getting shut out of snow.  

I had a place in the Poconos since 1986 and there was lots of bare ground there in those time periods with very little snow.

We were getting a lot more than the coast in the 80's and 90's but mostly below normal  it's all relative  

The difference in 2000 to 2018 is when we were racking up 60 to 80 inch winters. Lots of places near the coast were getting 50-70. that was not normal, but it was fun for everyone while it lasted.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

We were getting a lot more than the coast in the 80's and 90's but mostly below normal  it's all relative  

The difference in 2000 to 2018 is when we were racking up 60 to 80 inch winters. Lots of places near the coast were getting 50-70. that was not normal, but it was fun for everyone while it lasted.  

I think I just have a sore memory of the really bad ones where it was raining here and freezing rain in January in the Poconos lol.  There was lots of that going on.

9 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

He still doesn't seem to grasp that 40 to 50 miles north of him gets more snow than many places in southern New England and it's colder here too. The fascination with SNE has always concerned me LOL. 

Exactly.. my long term average imby is roughly 10” more than BOS

20.3” here so far this season. 

For what its worth..the nam and gfs clip the city good,the nogaps has it suppressed. Euro,the ukie and canadian go north. None of the models can guess the amount of suppression and colder air involved it seems. Nws seems to be going towards the globals though,but its still not set in stone.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bxstormwatcher360 said:

For what its worth..the nam and gfs clip the city good,the nogaps has it suppressed. Euro,the ukie and canadian go north. None of the models can guess the amount of suppression and colder air involved it seems. Nws seems to be going towards the globals though,but its still not set in stone.

0z will be big

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

and he's not even a Yankees fan lol.

He should be happy the Mets beat the Red Sox with a miracle comeback in 1986 and not worry so much about them lol

I saw that game. Last baseball game I ever watched. It was magic. Even for nonfans of baseball. Yankees wins just ain't the same.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cleetussnow said:

Plenty of time for this to cut through BGM

image.thumb.png.4041b2dccc75e2fb1ca23b96b328071d.png

Players on the field are not lining up correctly to produce an east coast storm on this output - LP in in southeast Canada can't be there and no cold air again before the storm

• Northof78 changed the title to 2/13 Significant/Major Winter Storm Discussion & Observations
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic