• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I still think the highest amounts will be in a 25mile stripe nw of 84 like new fairfield through nect/ema. Similar to what @weatherwizmap looks like. 

said earlier looked like a nice stripe from dxr up to ORH, appears legit still, +/-20mi, we take, nice regional event for SNE/CNE incoming!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RDRY said:

Looks like NYC over Berks for this one.

And thanks you Mahomes for winning my SB box final.:offtopic:

I think downtown will fall a little short of double-digit snowfall unless they measure it funny and don't allow it to settle but definately North/ Northwest of that looks good.

2 minutes ago, WeatherWilly said:

Cape Crusher. They are overdue. 

Mother nature doesn't care if one feels overdue. It can end up remaining like that for several more years. Look at why the National Weather Service of Norton, MA states about the uncertainty about the far SouthShore, Cape Cod and Islands. They state it all why.

• Weenie 1

35 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Interesting developments. OKX has a big decision to make tomorrow morning for their coverage area. 

As long as we don't the rug pulled out from under us, this one looks like fun, finally....6-10 as of now I think/hope

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

There definitely seems to be not only a southward trend, but the precip cutoff is becoming tighter. You might go from a foot to 2” in a span of 15 miles if these solutions are correct. Something we’ll have to watch for on the next couple cycles…if that very tight gradient persists. 

I'm not worried yet. I'd rather take my chances on the N edge if playing it "safe" means 8".

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

I have no idea when to use that vs 10:1

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

Simple:

It's best to use 10:1....never

It's best to use Kuchera...never 

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

They are tools....up to the forecaster to make a forecast. 

You got to know when to hold um nowwhen to fold um. Hint Kuchie best when it's marginal low ratios and when it's JSPIN stackables

4 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Here's where we at in SNE before this event, as of Jan 22nd. There have been a couple tenths to an inch or two since this map, but this is accurate through that date. Ill do a full update after this storm. Make sure yall update the New England Snow page, @Kevin W set up this awesome site and it helps me a ton!

01.22.24_jdj_v3_ct_ma_ri_snowfall_to_date.jpg

That dark grey goes up into the bay for sure. There's no way that the southern part of aquidneck Island is At 5 inches plus. I think the official number for Newport is at 6.6 on the season, but Newport proper has definitely not seen close to that. That's oddly the number at the airport, which is in Middletown, and every half mile you go north makes a difference, incredibly. My very unofficial total is half that. It's definitely nit picky but if my winter is going to shit the bed, I at least want it to make a stain.

16 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

That dark grey goes up into the bay for sure. There's no way that the southern part of aquidneck Island is At 5 inches plus. I think the official number for Newport is at 6.6 on the season, but Newport proper has definitely not seen close to that. That's oddly the number at the airport, which is in Middletown, and every half mile you go north makes a difference, incredibly. My very unofficial total is half that. It's definitely nit picky but if my winter is going to shit the bed, I at least want it to make a stain.

Did the best i could with reports i had, the more the better. I used this as a guide so it's pretty much in line with NOAA

Screenshot 2024-02-12 002422.png

17 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

The dark gray doesn't go that far up Narragansett Bay.  I'm at around 10" here for the season in Bristol.