• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Underdone north.

Joke, I look at this and think there is going to be lots of people smilin, some will death band and Jack, some will subside,some will look at qpf and queen, some will Debbie and Nellie but this is just a  classic classic Noreaster setup for SNE

eps_mslp_rings_eastcoastus_48.png

eps_mslp_min_eastcoastus_48.png

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Joke, I look at this and think there is going to be lots of people smilin, some will death band and Jack, some will subside,some will look at qpf and queen, some will Debbie and Nellie but this is just  classic classic Noreaster setup for SNE

eps_mslp_rings_eastcoastus_48.png

eps_mslp_min_eastcoastus_48.png

You are correct with this for most of the SNE forum members and a chunk of the southern CNE members. Coast still has some legit concerns though…esp like cape over to SE CT coast. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You are correct with this for most of the SNE forum members and a chunk of the southern CNE members. Coast still has some legit concerns though…esp like cape over to SE CT coast. 

Once heights crash they will join in big time. Typical New England,  probably sleet in there as well

The HRRR doesn't look terrible at all, just judging by SLP track. Happy to see so weird lows or dual lows. The low is more elongated which may help with a more expansive banding/QPF field? A tighter circulation would introduce potential for more in the way of banded precip? This is where my overall lack of knowledge on winter storm climo bites me in the fanny...I knows its been discussed before about differences between a more elongated low vs. tighter circulation. 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

The HRRR doesn't look terrible at all, just judging by SLP track. Happy to see so weird lows or dual lows. The low is more elongated which may help with a more expansive banding/QPF field? A tighter circulation would introduce potential for more in the way of banded precip? This is where my overall lack of knowledge on winter storm climo bites me in the fanny...I knows its been discussed before about differences between a more elongated low vs. tighter circulation. 

Ill take this

hrrr_asnow_neus_48.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

This doesn’t seem like a sleet setup . Rain or snow 

It’s pretty marginal but sleet wouldn’t be that surprising along the warm nose.  It’s just the boundary layer may not be overly cold.  Folks hear sleet and think of cold pellets accumulating in the 20s.  Overall this looks like snow and white rain/rain will be the gradient.

2 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Ill take this

hrrr_asnow_neus_48.png

Still the HRRR at the extending but not showing anything funky so that's good to see. 

I'm wondering about the ratios on the HRRR though...its pretty warm at the sfc...not warm enough for PTYPE concerns but that would be a paste for many. Would certainly see some power concerns, even well into the interior. 

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

It’s pretty marginal but sleet wouldn’t be that surprising along the warm nose.  It’s just the boundary layer may not be overly cold.  Folks hear sleet and think of cold pellets accumulating in the 20s.  Overall this looks like snow and white rain/rain will be the gradient.

Look at 18Z Euro cold, even Kuchie looks good. That is a great look

ECMWFNE_prec_kuchsnow_084.png

• Like 3

When was the last time that we saw a significant snowstorm with these sort of ratios? Paste bombs usually max out at around 6-8 inches but this one has higher potential than that. Dec 92 is the only really high end paste bomb I can think of. I recall that Feb 2013 started out wet also but became powdery pretty quick. 

Heights will crash better than the Jan 6-7th this time, which is very good for those who have missed out on the most part of this winter, Places like Bedford, Mass Blue Hills (Milton), Boston, Northern Rhode Island, Hartford to Poughkeepsie, NY in that sort of line/corridor should do well in this one and catch up in the snowfall department.

• Like 1