• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Following a Miller A/B hybrid type coastal potential, Feb 13th ... As yet untapped potential and a higher ceiling with this one

Typhoon Tip

Just now, JoeSnowBOS said:

NWS Boston updated its Winter Storm watch….was 4-10 inches yesterday and today it’s 4-8….brought down top amounts. Wonder why…..hmm

The upper end of totals is going to be held back just due to how quickly this is racing through. I think it's still a challenge as to what the upper range is but I would think it will be tough for even the hardest hit areas to get more than a foot. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

What about the fronto band Wiz just posted on the nam?

Yeah it’s the NAM past 24hr so buyer beware with any run. But it was a bump north and it’s starting to feel out that H7 front up here like the globals. We’ll see how it shakes out…not worth overanalyzing the 48hr NAM.

image.gif

2 minutes ago, JoeSnowBOS said:

NWS Boston updated its Winter Storm watch….was 4-10 inches yesterday and today it’s 4-8….brought down top amounts. Wonder why…..hmm

I noticed that but they also upped the amounts on the map to 8-12

3 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Storms like this are the reason I was always wanted to live in Mass. I love Philly, but man do we suck at snow. I’m almost 40 I gotta take the plunge soon. Enjoy it

Yeah Massachusetts has been an absolute Mecca of snowfall for the last 5-6 years 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Yeah it’s the NAM past 24hr so buyer beware with any run. But it was a bump north and it’s starting to feel out that H7 front up here like the globals. We’ll see how it shakes out…not worth overanalyzing the 48hr NAM.

image.gif

Sometimes we do well in benchmark storms if the mid levels set up like that.  I’m cautiously optimistic we can be in the northern band but it could mean that MHT is sucking exhaust

4 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Storms like this are the reason I was always wanted to live in Mass. I love Philly, but man do we suck at snow. I’m almost 40 I gotta take the plunge soon. Enjoy it

Latitude helps

NYC is becoming a snowhole city

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

:lol:  Not gonna happen but the fact that it gives you double digits while has a sleet pocket over a hilltop in Tolland is amusing.

IMG_8095.thumb.png.6cf1d9142385c23f9bc27dbb4b3a7922.png

He may have slightly warmer temps aloft. But yeah that won’t happen lol.

Still think 4-7 here.