• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid/Late February will be rocking. (This year we mean it!) February long range discussion.

JenkinsJinkies

7 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

cute little wave amplifying in the midwest on the Euro...but the show is about to cut off on the next panel

Yeah it’s something. At least euro still shows a favorable pattern at D10. New gfs SOP is that everything after D10 is to revert to April basically. 

9 minutes ago, Jersey Andrew said:

DT is sounding alarm about rest of winter very concerned about MJO. 

Sounds jumpy. 

All ens still look good to me. Blocking, cold air feed, signal of a wave underneath us around Feb 23-24

What has really changed?

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Sounds jumpy. 

All ens still look good to me. Blocking, cold air feed, signal of a wave underneath us around Feb 23-24

What has really changed?

We’ve already been tracking this period for 2+ weeks and have 2 weeks to go. People are antsy and irritable. I know I’m looking forward to not hearing “MJO” for 8 more months starting March 15th. 

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

We’ve already been tracking this period for 2+ weeks and have 2 weeks to go. People are antsy and irritable. I know I’m looking forward to not hearing “MJO” for 8 more months starting March 15th. 

Same, I'm tired of hearing about the damned MJO. Besides it was in the warm phases when we got that winter week in January. And it was in 8-1-2 in December and it didn't do squat for us. 

Like I said before, the waiting is the worst part. I get a little antsy too, so can't say I blame them. But DT? Come on

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Same, I'm tired of hearing about the damned MJO. Besides it was in the warm phases when we got that winter week in January. And it was in 8-1-2 in December and it didn't do squat for us. 

Like I said before, the waiting is the worst part. I get a little antsy too, so can't say I blame them. But DT? Come on

More and more it seems to me that the MJO is just one forcing factor among many others. So many Mets have been taking it as some purely prescriptive forecaster.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More and more it seems to me that the MJO is just one forcing factor among many others. So many Mets have been taking it as some purely prescriptive forecaster.

There was one winter where every time the MJO entered Phase 8 it snowed just like magic. Became my favorite indicator because of that and because it’s very easy to understand, lol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic