• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid/Late February will be rocking. (This year we mean it!) February long range discussion.

JenkinsJinkies

4 minutes ago, Stormchaserchuck1 said:

Now it looks like target date for pattern change is 2/15. It was starting to move into the 12-13d yesterday, but today at 12z it's back to 13-15d, with 384hr being the best signal. Been like that for 8 days now. 

what are you talking about?

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_fh324_trend.thumb.gif.c0f2655414df8c8a9999f6577785c4e5.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

384hr has had a +PNA since 1/22. It's been slowly bleeding into the sooner frames, and we even have it at day-13 today, but it's been stuck in the LR. Today's 384hr has the best trough over the EC of the cycle, but we also had some pretty big changes in the Pacific toward more -PNA for the first 2 weeks of February now. 

• Weenie 3

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

There are a couple waves of interest on the 12z GEFS- one around the 12th and the next for the 15th.

1707760800-CmZ98mqbERU.png

1707760800-MVfXHjIoXDU.png

I originally had this pegged as a cutter, but if we can get any frozen out of that, it’d be a big win before the best pattern comes. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

I originally had this pegged as a cutter, but if we can get any frozen out of that, it’d be a big win before the best pattern comes. 

As advertised lack of cold might be a problem with that one. The mid month potential might be more convoluted as the NAO builds west towards Baffin and the TPV gets squeezed south. Long way to go but it appears the legit cold comes in with/behind that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I don’t know if I look at that and see dead… I see long shot. Seen a few folks on Twitter arguing it’s trending better. We’ve got a cou ple  days to make something happen

This is 8 days out.  I would not say it's dead yet.  If this solution is shown on Feb 4th its dead!

Eps Looks like what the cmc ensembles have been advertising for a few runs now. Pretty much all on board. How that actual pattern evolves to get here we’ll find out, may have a storm threat around 12-15 if there’s good sequence/timing of waves, but all the ensembles generally get to this point now

5927a5ee7a1b4201bbfb0012e333333d.gif

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Heisy said:

Eps Looks like what the cmc ensembles have been advertising for a few runs now. Pretty much all on board. How that actual pattern evolves to get here we’ll find out, may have a storm threat around 12-15 if there’s good sequence/timing of waves, but all the ensembles generally get to this point now

5927a5ee7a1b4201bbfb0012e333333d.gif

im actually getting bored of these maps. We are running out of time...we need to be chasing 3 storms before this movie ends

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 5

Just now, Ji said:

im actually getting bored of these maps. We are running out of time...we need to be chasing 3 storms before this movie ends

and the fact that @Bob Chilldoes not like this mjo 8, +PNA,-NAO-AO, active STJ, polar vortex weakening pattern is a little scary

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

The snow means are horrible the next 15 days on all the ensembles.  I guess we need "wave breaks" and cooling for our last gasp of winter.  Hope to see an uptick by next weekend.  WB 12Z EPS.

IMG_3069.png

that's only up to Feb 15. The real fun should begin then, not likely before

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

The snow means are horrible the next 15 days on all the ensembles.  I guess we need "wave breaks" and cooling for our last gasp of winter.  Hope to see an uptick by next weekend.  WB 12Z EPS.

IMG_3069.png

I would expect them to look horrible till the 15th. The 15th is when things should get going.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I would expect them to look horrible till the 15th. The 15th is when things should get going.

weather Will doing his usual doomsday thing. There isnt much else to do in Brusnwick Md

• Haha 8

i will say---if you would of showed me this chart after the September European seasonal monthlies came out....i would of been truly shocked for this time period. Not at all what i envisioned

download (11).png

• Thanks 1

I will go away after this post:  there were several experts that predicted a lull.  Lull was expected  to end as early as the 10th.  13-15 seems to be locking in; great forecasting. Gives us a few weeks to score before the calendar catches up with us.  Hopefully it works out.

7 minutes ago, Ji said:

i will say---if you would of showed me this chart after the September European seasonal monthlies came out....i would of been truly shocked for this time period. Not at all what i envisioned

download (11).png

Wall to wall cold and snow for a chosen two week period during the winter is just absolutely never a guarantee when you live in and around the MA region. Mod El-Nino or not, breaks and warm ups happen even in our greatest of years. 

Just now, Alfoman said:

Wall to wall cold and snow for a chosen two week period during the winter is just absolutely never a guarantee when you live in and around the MA region. Mod El-Nino or not, breaks and warm ups happen even if the greatest of years. 

but shooting blanks the first 2 weeks of February after those tasty Feb charts from the seasonals?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic