• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2024

wdrag

Wow this place is depressing. We just got through a “torch” week without hitting the 60s that so many were touting. Now it looks like the next “torch” period at the beginning of February won’t be that much of a torch at all. Some average days and some just above average days. I think ya’ll need to get out and enjoy what we do have. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, psv88 said:

January 27 and 5” of snow for the season. Based on this board I should have had 4 feet of snow by now. People need to realize a good pattern on paper doesn’t mean it will snow. Once people get that concept the overhyping will stop. It’s the overhyping that kills weather boards these days more than anything. 

Setting themselves up for more disappointment 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Setting themselves up for more disappointment 

What disappointment?  I'm not saying the good pattern is going to happen but every model and the ensembles have it starting soon with many meteorologists on board. There is also a signal for a big storm on all the models that we should start tracking.

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, WestBabylonWeather said:

I follow Larry cosgrove on social media. He is bullish on a cold east for Feb 

its difficult to determine who too believe anymore - the next few weeks will determine who busted and who didn't in their winter forecasts - but the METS who were predicting above normal snowfall - need a big storm (HECS) too avoid busting.......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

its difficult to determine who too believe anymore - the next few weeks will determine who busted and who didn't in their winter forecasts - but the METS who were predicting above normal snowfall - need a big storm too avoid busting.......

I have no doubt it'll get cold again and we'll probably have a few opportunities but I'm not biting on anything until inside 72 hours. And nobody can predict if a great pattern will produce so snowfall forecasts are just hype

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, JustinRP37 said:

Wow this place is depressing. We just got through a “torch” week without hitting the 60s that so many were touting. Now it looks like the next “torch” period at the beginning of February won’t be that much of a torch at all. Some average days and some just above average days. I think ya’ll need to get out and enjoy what we do have. 

Trust me when I say this, if it was in the 60s and sunny  A LOT of people would be happy

Honestly 60s and sunny is so much better than 40s and rainy.  And another thing-- there is zero correlation between a busted 60s forecast that verifies in the 40s leading to a snowy February vs if it had actually been in the 60s this week.  I actually think if it had been in the 60s, the chances of a snowy February would have been a bit higher.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, psv88 said:

January 27 and 5” of snow for the season. Based on this board I should have had 4 feet of snow by now. People need to realize a good pattern on paper doesn’t mean it will snow. Once people get that concept the overhyping will stop. It’s the overhyping that kills weather boards these days more than anything. 

the funny thing is, when you're in the middle of a snowy period (like, say the early 00s, or the early 10s), the snowy patterns worked out most of the time, but when you're in a period when it hasn't snowed much in a few years, it doesn't work out.

Honestly 60s and sunny is so much better than 40s and rainy.  And another thing-- there is zero correlation between a busted 60s forecast that verifies in the 40s leading to a snowy February vs if it had actually been in the 60s this week.  I actually think if it had been in the 60s, the chances of a snowy February would have been a bit higher.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, LibertyBell said:

it's an elevation year, you want a sure bet for snow you need to be in the mountains.

I've always wondered why people who love snow live on the coast lol, it stands to reason the coast is always the least likely place to get consistent snowfall.

Delaware is beating most of us this year.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, EastonSN+ said:

Firing up in phase 1 again as expected (Nittany - understood it's not the only driver).

AO going slightly negative, NAO neutral (same with PNA).

image.png.a0d346e8fe83371904e7dcf74f41f817.png

Looks likes we will go weakly into 8 if at all…

Def not loving these trends 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Allsnow said:

Same exact thing happened with the last wave with 8. As long as we go through 1,2 and 3 we will have our shot, ans perhaps we will do a little better than the last stretch.

5 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Just take a neutral state...its sure better than 3-4-5

2 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Same exact thing happened with the last wave with 8. As long as we go through 1,2 and 3 we will have our shot, ans perhaps we will do a little better than the last stretch.

Take a look at the plot and connect to START. Like train tracks.

image.png.929dfe17931ce8ccee0d95e5e3884a5f.png

9 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Main forcing is also in p7 still so I think that is kicking the better look down the line a bit. Just sucks honestly…clock is ticking 

Not accurate.  Subsidence emerging in p7 for the next week or so.  Strong -VP anoms/forcing in E Pac.

If this busts warm, cant blame p7.

2012502597_ECMWF-EPS_hovmollerVP200_5_f360(1).thumb.png.2dd75a59917b1fe791dad54953bb0c05.png

• Thanks 1