Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2024

wdrag

55 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

prateptype-imp.conus.png

I'll say one thing about this map.  First time this season I've see a cold high in the right place with classic banana shape to funnel cold air in.

I'm not implying anything one way or the other just that I like the look of the surface map.  Long way to go and I'm not getting excited about a 198 hour prog, ensemble or op.

Something to watch....that's all.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

prateptype-imp.conus.png

It's back. And right now with CMC indicating snow over the mid Atlantic States the likely track would keep this too far to our south and east and we'd stay high and dry. But the HP position is perfect on this run. It would only take some subtle changes to cause this system to track a little further north or turn up the east coast (less likely but still not impossible). So we watch and wait but it's still NOT boring.

WX/PT

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

It's back. And right now with CMC indicating snow over the mid Atlantic States the likely track would keep this too far to our south and east and we'd stay high and dry. But the HP position is perfect on this run. It would only take some subtle changes to cause this system to track a little further north or turn up the east coast (less likely but still not impossible). So we watch and wait but it's still NOT boring.

WX/PT

Do you see this 2/5 storm as legit snow threat for DC metro area?

Not sure why anyone would mention DT in here. The guy is a train wreck. I don’t know how many times he’s posted East Coast storm. Chances are increasing only to be wrong and quite often it changes on the next model cycle. The dude will criticize other Prats call them stupid and then when he’s wrong, he says well he’s above everybody else because he learns from his errors. Give me a freaking break. The initials DT should be banned from any weather forum. He’s a complete ass.

• Like 2

Just now, Wxoutlooksblog said:

I'd like to see a few more models showing it. But my gut feeling is that it will be, yes.

WX/PT

some of those crazy storm tracks far south on the GFS will trend north IMO - the Canadian is the first north how about the Ensembles haven't checked one thing for sure is this place is boring the mid-Atlantic forum is the place to be now...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wxoutlooksblog said:

WX/PT

It’s actually very boring, looks dry with nothing of interest for the next two weeks at least

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3

1 minute ago, qg_omega said:

It’s actually very boring, looks dry with nothing of interest for the next two weeks at least

I think you're refusing to see an evolving pattern that could end up very exciting and is interesting along the way with some threats on the maps. Why you see the glass half empty rather than half full? I don't know but not my problem.

WX/PT

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

Cold next weekend? All we got 

Feb 4-5 looks more interesting than I thought. It's worth keeping an eye on.

There's definitely likely to be a southern stream storm but the evolution up here is what will be tricky to figure out. 

Of course it also wouldn't shock me if the Carolinas or even further south ended up getting more snow than us so far with that system.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Feb 4-5 looks more interesting than I thought. It's worth keeping an eye on.

There's definitely likely to be a southern stream storm but the evolution up here is what will be tricky to figure out. 

Of course it also wouldn't shock me if the Carolinas or even further south ended up getting more snow than us so far with that system.

most of the storms so far this season have made it north into the metro after some of the models had them suppressed at first......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

most of the storms so far this season have made it north into the metro after some of the models had them suppressed at first......

None of the storms this year had a huge ULL sitting over us 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2

Just now, MJO812 said:

I guess you like trolling people who think winter is coming since you are laughing 

its better not too get into a prolonged pissing contest IMO - the jury is still out on how February will turn out - maybe similar to January ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormlover74 said:

Which is weird because he and snowman thought February would be good too

You’re right, I really did think February was going to produce and I may very well be wrong. I’ll say it again, if we get to mid-month and there hasn’t been a true cold/snowy pattern change and we’re still talking about a “weenie look” on the weeklies that’s 2 weeks away, we’re done. Time will be up at that point (2/15) and I won’t care what the weeklies show then in 2 weeks for early March 

• Like 4
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, snowman19 said:

You’re right, I really did think February was going to produce and I may very well be wrong. I’ll say it again, if we get to mid-month and there hasn’t been a true cold/snowy pattern change and we’re still talking about a “weenie look” on the weeklies that’s 2 weeks away, we’re done. Time will be up at that point (2/15) and I won’t care what the weeklies show then in 2 weeks for early March 

yup, it's at that point we will be looking forward to baseball season, spring training will be starting by then too

• Weenie 1