• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring the 29th/30th for significant impact coastal redevelopment - confidence only medium for now but is trending favorably.

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Funny how the cold disappeared and the “CCB” is basically hoping to flip to paste around here.  We’ll need to really get the meat like the nam shows otherwise it’s a couple of inches of slop perhaps. 

The RGEM is about as bad as it gets. Hope the NAM has a clue

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Funny how the cold disappeared and the “CCB” is basically hoping to flip to paste around here.  We’ll need to really get the meat like the nam shows otherwise it’s a couple of inches of slop perhaps. 

This will probably be my last post in this thread, because I refuse to chase ghosts for the 15th time in the last 2 years, but this threat was over around here as soon as we started to lose that cold drain.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This will probably be my last post in this thread, because I refuse to chase ghosts for the 15th time in the last 2 years, but this threat was over around here as soon as we started to lose that cold drain.

yeah it looked good temporarily in the 108-120 hour range but could see the writing on the wall with the trends overnight yesterday. Also the storm isn't as strong so we're not getting a huge ccb that would help the temps crash.  There's always the NAM /s

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You’ll chase 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah.  I'm about ready for summer in Falmouth.  Lobsters rolls and sandy holes.  

• Haha 1

I’d feel pretty good for ORH county getting decent snow….495 belt is prob decent as well but a bit more uncertain due to elevation not being as high. 

Kevins area is also a bit more uncertain but due to midlevel temps rather than elevation. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AstronomyEnjoyer said:

Sorry, used to to data analysis. I want all the data displayed, lol. I'll calm it down for you folks if that's preferred. 

I appreciate the excitement and love for data - I am right there with you.  The barrage of maps was a lot, is all.

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Where’s Wizzy? 

See the banter thread, he posted about losing some loved ones this week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’d feel pretty good for ORH county getting decent snow….495 belt is prob decent as well but a bit more uncertain due to elevation not being as high. 

Kevins area is also a bit more uncertain but due to midlevel temps rather than elevation. 

Glad he kept his pants on so far 

Do models typically get a good handle on confluence by 72 hours , and is it now more about Perturbations in W coast ridging and SW strength that determines mid level track / temps or do we know exactly which is weighing more 

• Haha 1

WPC best 4” probs are still over Catskills , berks and N orh county and made a modest (20 mile or so shift north ) into S Monads as well 

As is the case with 95% of our systems last two winters , elevation and being away from coast is favored and ratios will be dicey to determine for CP 

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Cautiously optimistic.  I was feeling decent but these posts have me wringing hands and gnashing teeth. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Probably take 1/2 to may 2/3rds of that 06z Euro snow product there ... No qualms with 'where' ... but 10::1 seems a stretch in these thermals

Yes, this seems much more realistic to me .. the snow in NNE is from today .. matches up with our map pretty well too ..

image.thumb.png.f371ee6ce2d584844e3c1cc5e8bf9e09.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

First call. Will issue an update tomorrow sometime. Starting to think even this is a bit bullish. Up and in and the hills look best for this atm.

BOX/OKX is extremely conservative with their maps but i have a feeling they'll tick up. 

01_26.24_jdj_ct_ma_ri_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.4cfaf3506569ddd8e2c6c722ebe163f0.jpg

01_26.24_jdj_ct_snowfall_forecast.thumb.jpg.b9a3e56eb30ca22284fe1e2667c2c0f5.jpg

I’ll take 1-3”. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

On 1/23/2024 at 11:20 AM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Exactly and with a crap airmass…I’m not excited for us. 

On 1/23/2024 at 3:02 PM, HoarfrostHubb said:

Would not be shocked if this did a north shuffle. 

On 1/23/2024 at 3:16 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Oh it will. Don’t be shocked, expect it. 

Going as planned…

• Like 1