• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

43 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

If it’s somehow ruined, it’s a cold rain instead. Nobody is getting snow.

Exactly what I just said, too.  Yup.   It's a 'cold purgatory' that doesn't mean snow. 

Take a seat at the table and eat your New England spring dog shit cursed cake -

Re the ensembles... yeah, all three ens mean sources have been routinely warmer than their operational versions. The GFS ( as is typical for that model) has been the worst offender.  The GGEM has had one or two runs that came close to 'filling in' the potential...but last night it Charlie Browned with a particularly big serving of said dog shit.  Euro's essentially the same as the GGEM.

It's that duping song and dance where these solutions are cold despite the warm heights

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Exactly what I just said, too.  Yup.   It's a 'cold purgatory' that doesn't mean snow. 

Re the ensembles... yeah, all three ens mean sources have been routinely warmer than their operational versions. The GFS ( as is typical for that model) has been the worst offender.  The GGEM has had one or two runs that came close to 'filling in' the potential...but last night it Charlie Browned with a particularly big serving of said dog shit.  Euro's essentially the same as the GGEM.

It's that duping song and dance where these solutions are cold despite the warm heights

Wait, I've been told that springs have gotten better in recent years.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hopefully everyone has withdrawn all emotional investment from the feel-bank.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bwt3650 said:

Must be pretty far south because my NJ home currently has a 3” pack and no grass showing; been that way for almost 2 weeks, though I think it’s on life support by tomorrow.

Seems like your NJ locale is in the north part.  I saw some FB pics a couple days back from where I grew up in northern Morris County, and the snow cover looked about like that 3".  Also, the lake where I usually fished was wide open.  I don't think the red ball flag (denoting safe ice) was ever flown this year.

We may have a 20° AN day by mid week.  Wednesday's average here is 32/9 and 48/35 is a possibility.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Seems like your NJ locale is in the north part.  I saw some FB pics a couple days back from where I grew up in northern Morris County, and the snow cover looked about like that 3".  Also, the lake where I usually fished was wide open.  I don't think the red ball flag (denoting safe ice) was ever flown this year.

We may have a 20° AN day by mid week.  Wednesday's average here is 32/9 and 48/35 is a possibility.

We had 2+ of snow cover here in Middlesex County the last 10 days. 

10 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Only three more months of weather essentially the same as today. Low 40s and misery mist.

It really has been miserable the last 10 years or so... We get a quick spike in napril maybe, but from mid March to 4th of July it's bowling balls. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Springs overall have been warmer. That said, sometimes it's still not the nicest. 

It sucks Scott most of the time…total BS. Ya if you want to say it averages 51 now instead of 49 and cloudy cool and damp. Give me a break.

Hoping this year it’s nice more than not . 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

22 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Springs overall have been warmer. That said, sometimes it's still not the nicest. 

16 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It sucks Scott most of the time…total BS. Ya if you want to say it averages 51 now instead of 49 and cloudy cool and damp. Give me a break.

Hoping this year it’s nice more than not . 

Isn't that essentially what he just said? Therefore, its not total BS....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

But it has if its 51 instead of 49....is it a palpable difference? Probably not-

Lol…ok if you want to think that there’s a difference between 51 and 49 with clouds and damp with sprinkles, then ok.  That’s splitting hairs.  

But hoping for more nicer days this spring like everybody else. 

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol…ok if you want to think that there’s a difference between 51 and 49 with clouds and damp with sprinkles, then ok.  That’s splitting hairs.  

But hoping for more nicer days this spring like everybody else. 

Do you understand how significant that is? What do you expect, what would have been a 50 degree day 30 years ago to be 70 now due to CC?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Do you understand how significant that is? What do you expect, what would have been a 50 degree 30 years ago to be 70 now due to CC?

I’m not following you ..but whatever. I was just using those numbers as an example Ray…I don’t know if those numbers are the case. The only point was that it doesn’t seem any better/nicer in spring around here than it ever has.   Sure, some springs are worse/or better than others, but by and large they aren’t that good here. As they’ve always been since I’ve been on the planet. 

That’s it. Nothing more to it. Wasn’t debating anything other than that. But if you want to go right ahead.