• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
It was a Flop... February 2024 Disco. Thread

2 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

It's been a wintery week with snow in the air the last two days, why do you want it to end?

Well, not here. Just an unreal porking. I just want to put this season behind me. As bad as last year was, this is worse locally when you look at how every area around me has done. I’m just tired of it.  As someone who uses this season as an outlet, I’m disgusted with it.

• Like 5

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Well, not here. Just an unreal porking. I just want to put this season behind me. As bad as last year was, this is worse locally when you look at how every area around me has done. I’m just tired of it.  As someone who uses this season as an outlet, I’m disgusted with it.

The bill has come due for all those amazing years around here. Might as well be a lifetime ago.

Nice squall coming through Pit2 at the moment   Near 0 visibility.

* Snow Squall Warning for...
Lincoln County in south central Maine...
East central Cumberland County in southwestern Maine...
Sagadahoc County in south central Maine...

* Until 430 PM EST.

* At 349 PM EST, a dangerous snow squall was located along a line
extending from 9 miles southeast of Augusta to near Topsham, moving
east at 20 mph.

HAZARD...Flash freeze on roads. Intense bursts of heavy snow.
Gusty winds leading to blowing snow and visibility
rapidly falling to less than one-quarter mile. Wind gusts
up to 35 mph.

SOURCE...Radar and webcams.

IMPACT...Travel will become difficult and potentially dangerous
within minutes.
  • Like 1

Ya SE Mass really taking it in the ass this year. It’s been Much better in central and western areas in SNE this season than last(still not anything all to good), but better.  They want it to end…we can understand that.  But on 2/17 winter probably isn’t done with the area just yet. 

• Confused 2

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya SE Mass really taking it in the ass this year. It’s been Much better in central and western areas in SNE this season than last(still not anything all to good), but better.  They want it to end…we can understand that.  But on 2/17 winter probably isn’t done with the area just yet. 

Most of MA aside from a narrow area. I’m more BOS area, but SE MA has been better than here. I can’t describe it. Fucking blows. I don’t see anything exciting going forward. The 4” steak continues. Maybe I’ll go 3 years. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

As dismal as this season has been, glad ur up beat, our plow equipment stays on till April 3 or 5th, or at least one truck remains ready, I just think we will have another one or two events, not a Met, but shit I'm sitting at 27" lol, who knows, still long shot next weekend, but you never know what's in the future.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

It is done here. No cold air to be found. I would like to track more threats in March but I am not optimistic. Im more excited about next winter.

50 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

It's been a wintery week with snow in the air the last two days, why do you want it to end?

If we can’t grab that 2/24 storm, then we’re looking at pretty boring weather with temps in the 30s/40s. The snow OTG the last week or so has been nice but since we didn’t get warning criteria, it’s just slowly melting/sublimating and the whole thing is just more of a spring vibe than deep winter. 

Im all for big storms but this sucks. I’m well aware enough of our climo though to know that we’re not going to get consistently nice outdoor weather for a while. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ll stop because I’ve been in eeyore this whole day. But this just really sucks. Those who have it, enjoy it. Including Cape Breton…I mean Cape Cod lol. I can accept a bad winter, but precision porking two years in a row has beaten me.

BOS to your area and even up to Cape Ann and then back into the Foxborough area has gotten porked relative to climo pretty bad the last 2 winters. Even worse than most other areas. S CT had been way worse previously but they got a bit of redemption this month. My area has been pretty bad too but at least I got 10” in the 1/7 storm. 

But some of that is def payback for the jackpots we were pulling out of our rears for years even in blah patterns. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’ll stop because I’ve been in eeyore this whole day. But this just really sucks. Those who have it, enjoy it. Including Cape Breton…I mean Cape Cod lol. I can accept a bad winter, but precision porking two years in a row has beaten me.

I wouldn't stop, your a met, we may no like the news we are handed, it is what it is, I remember yesterday, the next week storm, you didn't like the airmass

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

BOS to your area and even up to Cape Ann and then back into the Foxborough area has gotten porked relative to climo pretty bad the last 2 winters. Even worse than most other areas. S CT had been way worse previously but they got a bit of redemption this month. My area has been pretty bad too but at least I got 10” in the 1/7 storm. 

But some of that is def payback for the jackpots we were pulling out of our rears for years even in blah patterns. 

I had to go down to Hanover and it’s pretty much solid cover aside from sun torched areas. I had to laugh. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’m hoping we can get winter to feel like winter the next couple of years. I’m not asking for an epic winter with 70-80+ inches of snow, just a normal winter with average snow and average temps. It has been terrible with all the warmth.

I don’t even care about being in the jackpot. I’m not supposed to, there’s a reason why areas NW average way more snow than I do. If I get 50 inches with average temps and people NW of me get 100 inches, that’s still a decent winter. If I get 40 inches with +3 AN temps and areas NW of me get 20-30 inches, that still fucking SUCKS. I will take the 1st winter over the second one any day, even though I got “porked”. The reason why these past 2 years have been shit isn’t just because I got porked, it’s because the large scale pattern has been shit AND I got porked on top of that.

7 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Look on the bright side...it's not unrealistic that we could get some 60's or 70's next month and could even tickle 80's to 90 in two months. Sustained, no but at least a few days, sure. 

at the risk of cancelling next winter, I'm sure we all wouldn't mind a quick flip to La Niña leading to a nice spring and a hot/dry summer 

1 minute ago, George001 said:

I’m hoping we can get winter to feel like winter the next couple of years. I’m not asking for an epic winter with 70-80+ inches of snow, just a normal winter with average snow and average temps. It has been terrible with all the warmth.

We’ll need a wholesale hemispheric change where we establish a good cryospheric base from the lakes to S Canada…hopefully we’re able to do that next winter but no guarantees. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ma blizzard said:

at the risk of cancelling next winter, I'm sure we all wouldn't mind a quick flip to La Niña leading to a nice spring and a hot/dry summer 

After all the work looking at ENSO for the upcoming winter dating back to last summer, I have not looked into where we are headed this summer and beyond. I've seen the thread on the main side indicating La Nina so maybe that's where we're headed. It would be nice if we could get a stretch of ENSO neutral years. 

I'm really starting to get back into our climatologies and ENSO state but I think sometimes there is too much emphasis on hoping for or wanting a particular ENSO state. Yeah sure certain states may elicit higher probabilities but I don't think there is anything ground breaking enough yielding a high correlation. Weak EL Nino's tend to favor increased potential for above-average snow here, but you can certainly get ratters too. 

While I’m glad to see many of you enjoy a deep winter week, it has blown here.  Got a total of about 1.25 inches and cold.   Fairly useless as our biggest event was 0.75.  And today’s squalls missed my house.  Just turn it up 50 degrees and I’ll be happy.  This is by far worse than any ratter in memory.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, 512high said:

As dismal as this season has been, glad ur up beat, our plow equipment stays on till April 3 or 5th, or at least one truck remains ready, I just think we will have another one or two events, not a Met, but shit I'm sitting at 27" lol, who knows, still long shot next weekend, but you never know what's in the future.

Agreed. We thought that this past Tuesday was almost a zero shot…And we did it. This next one has at least that much of a chance too.   

Personally I’d love to get this one for us in SNE on the 24th, but if we don’t I need it to hit up north. So I’m hoping for that too. 

• Like 1